HDi 115 .... Eolys Additive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDi 115 .... Eolys Additive?

Does the Ds3 HDi115 100% definately us Eolys additive?

I asked the sales person when I bought the car if it used this additive and he checked and came back saying not any more.

I've seen another post here in technical referring to it, so a little confused now.

If it does use the additive, what mechanism injects it and where does it go?

If it injects into the fuel tank when it detects a fuel fill ........ If I refill the tank every time it's half empty instead of when the tanks nearly full, do I end up with a higher concerntration?
    If so will this effect mpg and lead to the need to refill with Eolys fluid sooner than expected?

I haven't read of any specific recommendations for fuel filling.

The reason I ask is that my brother in law owned a C5 HDi, for some bizarre reason he would never put more than £25 of diesel in at any time even though he did above average mileage.
    He needed an Eolys recharge at less than 20k miles!! No explanation was ever given ..... Was his constant refuelling a contributing factor?

A bit of a nerdy subject I know, but would like to be enlightened if anyone has any knowledge on the subject.

Looks like Eolys 176 was/is replace with a third generation additive either Eolys Powerflex or Infineum F7995. While either of these can be mixed with the early Eolys 176 they can NOT be mixed with each other. There was/is also another additive used a DPX 42. Which is in your car depends on the RPO# and something about the color of the cap to tell the difference? I don't know about the rest of it not a big diesel guy
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I also would like to know the answers to this question ...also wondering

Comment

looking a little more, actually very interesting subject, found this from the Eolys site.

rhodia’s Eolys powerFlexTM fuel-borne catalyst is dosed into the fuel tank (it is compatible with bio-diesel fuel) at very low concentrations (a few ppm) by a precise dosing pump. During combustion, Eolys forms very fine catalytic particles which are trapped in the filter along with the soot particles emitted by the engine. by catalyzing the combustion of these trapped particles, Eolys powerFlexTM enables the DpF to regenerate at low temperature, resulting in a fuel penalty of less than 1%. This compares to 3-5% with other technologies. because the DpF requires relatively low temperatures to regenerate, it can be located at the back end of the exhaust line so that the upstream Scr can take advantage of higher exhaust temperature to more effectively remove NOx.
        In North america and Europe, environmental agencies recommend that only DpF technologies giving rise to low NO2 emissions should be retained by vehicle manufacturers. Eolys powerFlexTM fully satisfies this criterion.

Also this
        additionally the Eolys powerFlexTM fuel- borne catalyst, with a newly included detergency function, simultaneously cleans the fuel injection equipment and enables rapid, low temperature particulate filter regeneration, when added to diesel fuel
        at low concentration This helps maintain engine efficiency and keep the original low level of emissions.

So would look like it is injected into the fuel and from the manual it appears the tank is attached to or part of the fuel tank.
        Last edited by cyclone; 01-10-2013, 17:43.

Comment

Thanks cyclone v interesting read !
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, the fat tank/pump as I call it is beside the fuel tank underneath.
            The additive system has its own ecu to control the dosing. This ecu communicates to the engine ecu via the CAN network. A magnetic sensor on the fuel filler neck detects removal of the fuel cap, on start up a dose is then added to the tank.
            It's best to go from tankful to tankful rather than £10-£20 here and there. No point in giving your DS an overdose lol
            It's a common fault on PSA cars for the filler neck sensor to go fault and short out, this in turn blows the additive ecu. New ecu is £150 and sensor £20, ecu needs configuring in once fitted.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
            Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Ok great but how often does it need filling and are we able to do it or is it just to be done at service time

Comment

Good to have some usefull info on this lesser known system, Thankyou Gents!!!

Comment

A link to the Citroenet site on the C5 engine that has some info on how the DPF and additive work. At the bottom of the page.

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenge...5/c5tech3.html

Comment

Working...
                  X