Running in the engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running in the engine

Just got my new DS3 DStyle plus 1.6 hdi, any tips for running in the engine or anything I should watch out for or avoid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Phil Moran

sigpic

My experience with new Diesel engines is to drive them as you will going forward, ages ago I read a piece on diesel truck drivers thinking their engines were better when driven hard from the off. I honestly think running in of engines is not really needed anymore
    sigpic

Comment

I asked this same thing to the guy at the dealership when we collected ours an was told them days have long gone - he said just drive it as you want - yahoo !
      The Truth is Out There !

Comment

Drive it as you want, but still remember Brakes are new and need bedded in. each to their own, but if its your pride and joy I'd'd personally still let things settle down before taking the race track approach
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I wasn't suggesting race track approach, as above I was told to drive it normally from the off, I suppose if you were Lewis Hamilton that would be race track though !!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
            Drive it as you want, but still remember Brakes are new and need bedded in. each to their own, but if its your pride and joy I'd'd personally still let things settle down before taking the race track approach
            Agree with this
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks guys, still not passed me test so not learnt bass habits yet lol

Wife however...... ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
              Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

My advice is to take it easy for the first couple hundred miles and give the engine a chance to settle in as well as the brakes, try to avoid harsh revving and running a high speed as well.

I don't care about what people say about new engines not needing it but working at my end of the stick the people that do this tend to have less problems.

Look at this way, you don't go running in a new pair of trainers until they are broken in a bit!
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Or in my case just don't go running, but know what you mean. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
                  Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Drive it like you stole it

Comment

For the first 100 mile i took it easy then let rip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Working...
                      X