• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am beginning to think that Citroen aftercare is not the best in the world
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I think a lot depends on your particular dealer..... Tates in Crawley have been v good
      sigpic

Comment

They called back. So in the last week..
        1st they said they had no courtesy cars until November.
        2nd yesterday they said they dont do courtesy cars
        3rd this morn they said their last courtesy car went out this morning.

Now, if they don't have to give me one then that's another issue but why tell a pack of lies??

I have emailled CUK with an attachment detailing everything that has happened and what my dealer has told me..
        This is the 2nd ds3 I have bought from this dealer.. will there be a 3rd??

Comment

CUK should be able to fix you with a courtesy car. I wrote to citroen UK myself about my "citroen" experience as a new customer, (also tweeted them publicly to show them up.) about 4 days later they got back to me assuring me this was going to be sorted and gave me a free major service for free. I couldn't complain tbh. car was fixed the next day.

on another note...

I was speaking with a colleague the other day regarding getting fobbed off by a dealership and they were refusing to carry out warranty work on his Audi as they listed the fault as wear and tear on a 1 year old car.

He then contacted his finance company (Audi/VAG) and told them he was stopping all payments to them until they sorted out this mess as he was not to blame. 20 minutes later the dealership phoned him and told him the part was being replaced under warranty - the finance company had phoned the dealership and told them to get it sorted, now that's using your initiative.

I wonder how Citroen Finance would cope with customers giving them grief lol
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by OnkanOnkan View Post
            This is the 2nd ds3 I have bought from this dealer.. will there be a 3rd??
            I would suggest not. Email them and tell them so...... and tell them your considering purchasing a Cabrio Racing
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Onkan, if you get the car back I suggest you get an OBD reader so when the car doesn't start you can check whether there are fault codes stored. On the other hand the codes should stay in memory for the dealer to read...

Comment

Have just downloaded Torque pro (Android phones) which looks pretty good (£3) and identifies fault codes
                And an OBD2 adaptor to plug into the port behind the glove box (£7)
                Will have a play myself. Knowing me I'll shut the whole ECU down LOL
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Have just downloaded Torque pro. Knowing me I'll shut the whole ECU down LOL
                  Worry not Chris - I have the same and it's safe and one day I may even get a fault code!

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                    Worry not Chris - I have the same and it's safe and one day I may even get a fault code!
                    JB
                    Ah right- don't it work well JB?
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Ah right- don't it work well JB?
                      It works great on my Google Nexus 7. It's just that I have never had a single issue with my engine and not a single fault code has occurred (confirmed when last serviced). I'm sure it would work if needed as I know others who have had more experience.

JB

Comment

A reliable diesel ??? Whatever next
                        sigpic

Comment

One issue about Torque and DS3. I have also paired the car's bluetooth with the same phone. Apparently you can't (or it's not advisable) to use both bluetooth handsfree AND OBD reader simultaneously. For me, Torque stopped receiving for a while and last winter when reading fault codes it didn't read anything (there definitely was a code as the dealer could read it). So, when reading fault codes make sure the handsfree connection is off.

Comment

^ Fair enough. Never paired a phone with a car yet
                            I have the HTC for 2 years so might pair it- not sure yet
                            Thanks for the tip
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Have just downloaded Torque pro (Android phones) which looks pretty good (£3) and identifies fault codes
                              And an OBD2 adaptor to plug into the port behind the glove box (£7)
                              Will have a play myself. Knowing me I'll shut the whole ECU down LOL
                              What OBD2 adaptor did you get Chris?
                              DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                              Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                                What OBD2 adaptor did you get Chris?
                                A mini ELM327 latest version OBD2 Bluetooth adaptor. Will let you know how it connects
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X