Ds3 Thp 150 Engine Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colganraz View Post
    no, a mechanical engineer with a keen interest in motor vehicle.. if you mean that in a "your not qualified to say so" kind of way, i am speaking from experience of having some knowledge of engines (although limited, more than many) and owning a THP engine, also speaking from experience of topics on our forum... our cars have used THP engine the very same as ds3 for almost 8 years now, there is many more years of experience and feedback from users who have had these engines upto alot higher mileage and age

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Didn't mean it that way at all mate, was asking because you sound quite knowledgeable, sorry if I sounded brash
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

ah thankyou i guess lol. nah it is all good, just one of these things on forums, written words are just words and with no verbal/physical communication it is easy to misunderstand things i think :P

Comment

Colganraz- I can understand your sceptesism, but can only repeat the advice from owners on here over the last years. Look at some of the previous threads from 2010/11. I thought PCV stood for Positive Crankcase ventilation. But hey- I could be wrong- your obvs an expert, and I am not. Just watched this forum closely for over 2 years.

Several early threads on here speak highly of the modification, to delete the rear PCV. And there are some on here absolutely swear the fact that catch cans have saved their engines, when Citroen haven't a clue. Racings in particular, But I will not do it unless problems occur- and they didn't on my THP 150,

There are those on here that are mechanics, who have the mods on their cars.

However, the PCV is to return unburnt substances back to the engine so they can be burnt for the eco friendly perspective so I believe. If Citroen designed it correctly, then why did a percentage of the THP engines have issues- big ones like timing and pistons. And as for the Racings, production was stopped in 2011, who knows why.

But hey- its all good debate. As said, Ive heard of issues where the PCV delete and catch can may have caused hesitation rather than prevented it. (Very few like 2 or 3) Only time will tell but the 155s with the redesigned PCV pipework, and who knows, differences internally, do not seem to be affected ATM. And what harm is a catch can- its only collecting any crud and goo. Lots owners have them.

What do you own can I ask- a M....MI.....MIN one of those cars LOL

People can make their own minds up
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 02-11-2013, 06:57.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

lol yeah pressure/positive crankcase ventilation, same thing

suppose one thing your bang on with is the timing issues from factory, there was probably reports of it in 2006 yet the same system was used right up until 2010/2011

PCV has been around ages its just it has vented to atmosphere in the past but is un eco friendly way, which is why we have the newer system (not that i care as i will be dead & buried long before the earth) :P

i think the catch cans are worth using just not the types like forge make, but the ones with a proper filter inside

never heard of engine issues or knock caused by PCV, only carbon build up on air intake valves which eventually restricts the air flow to the engine, only option is clean/walnut blast through intake manifold or have head stripped and cleaned

maybe the ds3 has a different design somewhere along the line but i wouldnt know, is it an EP6DT engine iirc

i have a slightly tweeked 207, i do like the mini but a bit of a girls car and also too small for me

gonna trade the car in the future for a diesel, either ds3 or ibiza fr but i dont know yet i will have to see

Comment

Rest my case.

http://www.etuners.gr/en/index.php?s=12&t=299
            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

M'lud will consider your submission :-)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                M'lud will consider your submission :-)
                http://cdn.3oneseven.com/wp-content/...king-to-me.gif
                Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                sigpic

Comment

Does anyone think that the PCV deletion is worth while before any problems occur?

Comment

I wouldn't/ haven't. Might even cause issues to an engine that's working fine
                    Although there have been members of the forum that have

Ed: Nothing wrong with getting the PCV delete caps, (£5 per pair) and have them to hand if needed
                    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 03-11-2013, 19:43.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Was looking for them but havn't found any yet

Comment

Heres a piccie of mine with the item code, still in the packets
                        The tuner who mapped my 150 gave them to me- filled me with confidence LOL
                        He got then from Peugeot

The PCV pipe that would be taken out is left hand side of engine, (looking at engine from front of car) running from front to back of enigine, not easy to see
                        Pain in the butt job, so ive been told

Reversible if theres a warranty tho

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_ford_and_pcv_013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	356179
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hello,

I was now in a citroen workshop and they have determined that a loose hose from the active carbon filter produced the noise.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

LOLOLO Nothing like a bit of paranoid THP discussion eh!
                            Glad alls OK djole
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                            X