Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.6 E-HDI Hesitant acceleration under throttle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 E-HDI Hesitant acceleration under throttle?

Good Evening Everyone,

So my 2012 1.6 E-HDI DSport has done 27.5K and I've noticed over the past week its hesitant to pickup under acceleration? It just doesnt want to pull when i depress the throttle it lags before bursting into life, I can then accellerate right to the limiter should I choose.

Is this something that anyone has seen before?

I have no warning lights, no issues starting and i cant pin it down to a specific gear.

There is no movement in the gear stick and there doesn't seem to be any issues depressing the clutch.

I have on the odd occasion heard a rumbling sound from the passanger side of engine compartment from start up, I've had a similar issue on my Vauxhall Astra and ended up having Dual Mass Flywheel, Clutch Release Bearing and later a full gearbox rebuild!.

I appreciate it's under warranty but wondered if I could call on the benefit of the forum before I start calling my dealer?

I will add I mostly do Motorway driving at 50mph+ and normally for at least 2-3 hours per day.

Any Helpful comments/questions are of course welcome

Regards
    Rich

You just gotta love these DS3s........
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

^ Not sure what that means Chris ?

Ritch_DS3 - I've not seen this before, have you asked the dealer to look at it under warranty ? I had an Astra previously and that had similar issues to yours but so far (touch wood) I've not had it on my DS3's
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X