Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.6 E-Hdi Total Loss of power (Intermittent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 E-Hdi Total Loss of power (Intermittent)

Hi all,
    Another strange bug with my 2012 (110) e-hdi ds3 Dsport Plus.
    Driving up the motorway on Friday maintaining speed, then without warning the engine rpm and vehicle speed began to drop.

Nothing I could do with the accelerator pedal or gears would let me maintain or increase speed?
    About to pull onto the hard shoulder and the car returns to normal :confused: Weather was clear at the time (no strong head wind).
    The trip computer was saying less than 24mpg - I haven't seen it this low even under full acceleration.

I use the car for 100% motorway travel & the engine is run hot so I can't see the DPF being the problem. Plan on seeing the dealer when I have time. This is the second time in 3 months that it's done this...
    Any Ideas?

Sounds like the turbo could be messing up. You have a vnt turbo , there are circa 12 little direction flaps that regulate.airflow within the exhaust housing of the turbo .if they have become very sooted up it could be they are getting stuck sometimes causing the car to go into a limp mode..if the car is ok after turning it off and on again for some time it could be this....

Comment

I'd definitely get this into your dealer to be looked at under warranty, total power loss can be dangerous so don't take any chances. Don't forget to post back when you find out what's wrong with it - good luck
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X