Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air freshener

Even after turning it all the way to the right I don't smell anything :S

Did the dealer fit it before you picked up the car ? They aren't the strongest smelling either, my advice is that to be able to smell it you need to alter the vent controls so that they come out of the vents near the filter, usually the face setting Don't expect a lot though, for something that costs over £10 they are disappointing.

Oh, double check that the air freshener isn't in your glove box in a foil wrapper waiting to be fitted
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
      ...Oh, double check that the air freshener isn't in your glove box in a foil wrapper waiting to be fitted
      Had this myself!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

It's not in the glove box. And I did set the vents to full, made no difference. How do I check that the air freshener is installed?

Comment

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
          It's not in the glove box. And I did set the vents to full, made no difference. How do I check that the air freshener is installed?
          Push it in, twist it anti-clockwise and lift out. (wheeeey)

You should be able to see what looks like a small piece of foam inside a plastic cage.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

If yours is not already installed (why your dealer would do this is beyond me) have a peek in the spare wheel well, that's where we store them with our cars.

Comment

My dealer installed them both times I collected my DS3's from them.... They were both Mango as well..... is that the standard smell in new DS3's ?
              sigpic

Comment

The reason we don't is because not everybody will like the smell or wants to use the cartridge, so we leave it up to the customer.

Besides it ruins that 'new car' fragrance

Comment

Yeah I agree, now mine has worn off I can still enjoy the new car smell Perhaps Citroen could make a new car scented refill ? (TM) it now Biggie as your idea
                  sigpic

Comment

I checked and it is already installed with "mangue". I've tried pressing it many times with the vents set to the highest setting and I've tried holding the button down. But nothing works

Comment

If you sniff round the vents do you get a faint aroma ? As said before they really are weak scents so don't expect much

The pressing bit you mention above is just to remove the silver case from the dashboard, the smell is supposed to vary by the amount you turn it but it never seemed to make much difference to me
                      sigpic

Comment

I checked and it is already installed with "mangue". I've tried pressing it many times with the vents set to the highest setting and I've tried holding the button down. But nothing works
                        Couldn't agree with you more LOL. Gimmick
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I think the level is just fine. It's nice and subtle.

Nothing worse than a car that smells like a Tart's handbag....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Perhaps it's just the mango version then Biggie but I couldn't smell anything and felt it would be a waste of £12ish for a new one
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                              I think the level is just fine. It's nice and subtle.

Nothing worse than a car that smells like a Tart's handbag....
                              Whats wrong with a tarts handbag?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X