Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Court Case

Hi Chaps

I posted a while back about my Engine Failure Light coming on causing the car to go ito limp mode. Titled '155 Engine Failure Light' (If you wish to have a look)

Just an update on a frustraing few months as to which there has still been no conclusion. I have now been without my DS3 since 27th August....... To date the fault has not been fixed and the Hatfield Citroen Dealer have said there is nothing wrong, despite the fact that the car has been proven to be faulty....... as they have been unable to replicate the fault after 83 miles of testing over two months. (I do 300 miles a week).

I regret to say this as I love the DS3 but I do not think i will be getting another due to the level of care that Citroen supposedly supply. Mainly due to the fact that the car is under warrenty so they arent getting any money out of me. Which is why I believe the level of support and care is so poor. Its been going on for far to long now and so might have to go to court in order to sort it as there has been no improvement on what is going on. I am talking with trading standards as i am appauled at the service.

I hope no one has to go through what I am still going through.

Please let me know if this has happened/happening to you or someone you know with a DS3 as it will help prove that there is an underlying fault with the car.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Matt

Sorry to hear about your issue.

have you tried any other dealership?

did you use Citroen Finance to purchase the car?
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I think Stef was going to go through a similar route with his racings, might be some help to read up on his posts.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-Issue-Ongoing
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks dude

When the car first failed on me it went to 'Harlow Citroen' they replivcated the fault but were unabkle to fix it. So i took it to 'Hatfield Citroen' where they havent even touched the car just been sitting out the back collecting dust.

No i didnt use the Finance. was a one off payment

Comment

Hi Matty,

Sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had from Citroen in general.

I suffered two engine failures in the three years of owning my THP. My first engine was replaced under warranty, my second replacement cost me in excess of £3000 so I can completely empathise with you.

What have CUK had to say throughout the ordeal?
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks

Its been a nightmare 3 months. I was hoping they will do a like for like replacement but I have not had anything back from them for 3 weeks after they said "what cars would I be interested in exchanging for". This is what makes it so stressful when left waiting in the dark. CUK havent said anything, I havent had any contact from them at all. They were meant to contact me yesterday but didnt. So dont be surprised if you see me on Dont Get Done Get Dom soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyGarGar View Post
              Thanks

Its been a nightmare 3 months. I was hoping they will do a like for like replacement but I have not had anything back from them for 3 weeks after they said "what cars would I be interested in exchanging for". This is what makes it so stressful when left waiting in the dark. CUK havent said anything, I havent had any contact from them at all. They were meant to contact me yesterday but didnt. So dont be surprised if you see me on Dont Get Done Get Dom soon!!
              You really need to get back on the phone to CUK. They are the only ones who can authorise any warranty work for the dealership to action.

Get on the phone to CUK right now and ask them for an update, if they fail to give you one tell them you'll be back in touch in 20mins and call again in 20mins.
              Eventually they should get the point that this is wasting a lot of your time and money.

The sooner you get things resolved with CUK and a plan of action in place the less time and more money you'll spend going legal.

In circumstances like this, the best thing you can do is grit your teeth, be as polite as possible and provide them with an ultimatum i.e. "You have until Thursday next week to fix my car or find me a replacement otherwise I would request that you forward all correspondence onto my lawyer and provide me with a copy of the conversation between yourselves".

You'll be surprised how seriously you're taken as soon as you mention lawyers to CUK...
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Everything you have just said we have done. We have been polite about this whole thing giving them the options that we want and the outcome that we seak. This has all been sent recorded delivery trying to get them to sort it. We contacted Citroen Head Office and they didnt even know that this issue was going on and hadnt been informed by Hatfield. This is when Citroen said they would contact us yesterday and they didnt. Or next step is legal so unless they reply as to when we said they will be receiving a letter of intent

Comment

Originally posted by MattyGarGar View Post
                  Everything you have just said we have done. We have been polite about this whole thing giving them the options that we want and the outcome that we seak. This has all been sent recorded delivery trying to get them to sort it. We contacted Citroen Head Office and they didnt even know that this issue was going on and hadnt been informed by Hatfield. This is when Citroen said they would contact us yesterday and they didnt. Or next step is legal so unless they reply as to when we said they will be receiving a letter of intent
                  Sounds like you know what you're doing.

Best of luck.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

post on CUK facebook page and Twitter accounts they will soon be in touch with you. They contacted me straight away. Also call the dealership ask for the Manager, then ask for all his details so you can start legal proceedings against him. i'd also go to any consumer rights agencies and possibly a good one for publicity is Watchdog.

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact
                    Last edited by Toxic; 26-11-2013, 16:50.
                    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Hopefully CUK are looking into this and will be back in touch today

Good luck
                      sigpic

Comment

Citroen service, so many promises so much fail
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hopefully will hear back from them at some point. Despite contacting Hatfield Citroen, Citroen UK and Citroen Customer care we are still waiting a reply. We havent even had acknowledgement of our letters and emails. So I completely agree with Cyclone

Comment

Working...
                          X