Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd wheel size question

Hi All,

First off apologies for my first post here being in the tech lounge, unfortunately im not the owner of a DS3, my Dad is, he uses it as his Driving instructors car and bought it new for this purpose.

His is (an i told him it would be from day dot.) is that the car came with Alloy wheels, lovely new shiney ones with low profile tyres, my first thoughts where 'well they ain't gonna last long' :confused:

well the day finally came today when he (or more his student) bent one!

He has already had a replacement or 2 of the time he has had it and today i finally talked him into getting a set of steel's to run on it to preserve the Alloys.

The issue im having is finding some, they all seem to be new, and at £65 a piece + the tyre its a cost he will not bare.

So, after research i have found a few cars with the correct fitment that more commonly run steels, the issue then, they are all 15's and i'm not sure without one in my hand is 15's will over the front brakes ok?

its a 12' diesel DS3, and runs the 17" alloy as it is with decent clearance, but 15" is a fair drop.

Im happy that the offset and CB of them is ok, and the PCD is perfect, its just the question of clearance so thought here might just be the best place to ask?

For anyone who may think it makes a difference the steel's in question are off of a Peugeot 207.

Any help and/of advice greatly received.

Thanks

Adam

I'm not sure, but someone will know and help out soon

For now I'll just say welcome, and hope we can help with this and anything else you need guidance
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Surely they would fit doesnt the ds come with steels on the low end models . Maybe better off looking at some other citroen cars that run steels to see if you can pick up a cheap set. But if you put lower then 17s on it will effectively lower the car so wont the bodywork be in trouble with it being a learner car . Would it not be cheaper and easier getting those alloygater things as they will protect the wheel more thwn you think and can be replaced pretty easy
      Last edited by BOBO-DS3; 29-11-2013, 23:25.

Comment

Hi Adam, welcome to the club, I am also a driving instructor, and if i was thinking of changing wheels i would only do the front nearside as that's the one that gets the hammer, i have 4 black Bellones, done 30000 miles, 3 are still unmarked, one, nsf, is scratched to bits despite my best efforts lol.

Comment

1st thing is Welcome!

If you know the engine size of the Pug then you could find the size of its brake disks and compare that to the size of your dads brakes. Both cars are based on the same chassis and use the same hardware. So if the disks on Pug are same size or bigger then then the brakes will clear.
          Depending on the DS3 engine size it could have 266mm diameter disks for the EHDI 90 or 283mm diameter for the 115. On the back drum brakes or 249mm disks. The drum brakes may have been replaced by disks in the later model cars I'm not really sure but I do not think they were.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by BOBO-DS3 View Post
            But if you put lower then 17s on it will effectively lower the car so wont the bodywork be in trouble with it being a learner car . Would it not be cheaper and easier getting those alloygater things as they will protect the wheel more thwn you think and can be replaced pretty easy
            Not really Bobo as the rim is getting smaller but the tire sidewall is getting taller so overall height changes very little. Alloygators are a great idea and would think cheaper too.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hi Adam- welcome to the club- and hi Dad
              Yes- Alloygators, Rimblades, Rimringz, theres several protectors out there
              You can get Alloygators supplied and fitted if you are in a certain catchment area too
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

15's will clear the brakes no problem, they're nothing special on the models below the Racing

Comment

A car breakers yard are BRRRRRRILLIANT now i know C3 wheels will fit ds3 albeit different size but i got 1 for a spare so if you want to go down the road of getting steel wheels to preserve your dads alloys, i would go this route. steel wheels of your choice 15" 16" 17" steel wheels from a car breakers will be wayyyyyy cheaper than buying new steels. Oh i forgot to mention you can get nice sets of wheel trims to add

ive got 17" alloys but my spare wheel is 15". The wheel + sizor jack cost me £15 and the tred was still great

Just a thought

OH crap forgot
                  WELCOME to the club
                  http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
                  :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X