Folding Mirror Issues Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding Mirror Issues Again!

After having my drivers door mirror motor replaced last month ( only 3 month old) aswell as a new rear window because of a faulty demister, I'm taking my cabrio back into the dealers tomorrow because both my mirrors have lost there "twitch" and are refusing to folding in! As I can alter both mirrors angle by switch and repeater indicators are working I'm guessing a wire has come off or broken somewhere. ( Assume as mirrors angle can be moved its not a fuse) - the manual switch to fold mirrors in or out has no effect.
    Regards
    Colin:confused:

Sorry to hear your problems and I am sure they will be fixed soon, please let us know the outcome
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

It's weird that the user's manual doesn't tell which fuse is connected to the mirrors. Only one fuse is mentioned that is for the mirrors' heaters.

Comment

Hi folks,
        Got loan car for day and now have my Cabrio back fixed!
        Appears that when they replaced RH faulty mirror motor last month they can't have fitted connectors inside door back on correctly and eventually fell off.
        All working fine now and happy it was a relative easy fix with only an extra trip to the dealers ( I travel near to them to my girlfriend so wasn't too much an inconvenience!)
        Regards
        Colin

Comment

Good news!

Bet the Tech who worked on the car first time around had a red face
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I have just fitted a new drivers side mirror due to faulty motor and the new one doesn’t auto close the mirror plate and indicator works any ideas ?

Comment

Working...
            X