Gearbox problem - what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox problem - what would you do?

The gears have been making grinding noises recently and there's been rattling noises by the passenger's side door. I've had the car for only a month. I took it to the dealer and they said the "synchro" in the gearbox has popped out or something and this is causing the noises and gear grinding. They said they'll need to take the car for 3 days at least to open the gearbox. And they can't give me a courtesy car unless I wait until January and put up with the annoying noises and gear grinding until then. The car is on contract hire. I feel very disappointed that it has a major fault after only one month. Plus they can't even lend me a car. It is very frustrating. Is this a breach of the terms and conditions on their part? What would you do?

Personal contract or company car? If it's a personal contract speak to the finance company to make them aware you have issues/concerns with the vehicle if your not happy with the dealers service, likewise if it's a company car then the leasing company needs to be informed.
    Last edited by scubagazza; 11-12-2013, 21:12.
    DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Not acceptable....pick up the phone....write some emails. Not on.
      I had issues with mine 18 month back (Turned out to be my fault) and they said 2 week courtesy car wait. Ranted and raved a bit and got a brand new edhi115 the very next day. They can if they want to
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

^ Most likely you got the demo which is a breached of Citroen guidelines.

As for the OP I understand how frustrating it can be when you have to wait but at this time of year most workshops are going to be booked up, at least they have offered to get you in as soon as they can.

What to do is to ask if they can put you onto a waiting list for a courtesy car as sometimes jobs finish ahead of schedule and one might come free for you to use. There is no point in screaming and shouting at the workshop as they are there to help you and so far they have not done anything wrong in my mind.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

My "Ranted and raved" reference in post #3 is more realistically "exerted a bit of verbal pressure in a diplomatic way" LOL
          Don't rant and rave me, most of the time.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

^ So you wrote a strong worded letter??
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

^ They were pretty good TBH and always have been to date
              Feel a bit guilty suggesting a dealership is pretty good LOL

Just don't wanna tempt fate
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I went back and did as you said.. Suddenly they have a courtesy car ready by Tuesday lol. It will take 3 days for them to correct the problem. If it isn't working as it should when I get it back then I will expect a replacement. But hopefully it won't come to that

Comment

Yes- that happened to me when I said.....its a new car, shouldn't have any problems, and I gotta wait 2 weeks for a courtesy..... then I got a new diesel courtesy with a day or two. And as said, the problem was my fault in the end, and they were good about it. Felt a bit of a plonk, but hey, its good customer service when it happens

Getting a replacement will be harder work
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

What did you do to your to your original DS3 Chris ? You said it was your fault but I don't think I recall what happened ?
                    sigpic

Comment

You wouldn't recall....because I didn't say
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

You confused me there lfcrule. I'm Chris too lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
                          You confused me there lfcrule. I'm Chris too lol
                          Your bigger than me :-)
                          I'm Bluer than you
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            You wouldn't recall....because I didn't say
                            Oh a secret ? Must've been bad lol
                            sigpic

Comment

You say they want it 3 day's to remove the gearbox and open it up for a look inside.......I cant see a dealer opening a gearbox up they will just get the ok from citroen and replace it then send the box back to the supplier .....Then you will get the car back job done and they will say they couldn't find anything but they found a heat shield loose which was rattling .....
                              E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
                              Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Working...
                              X