1.6 VTI using oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 VTI using oil

Anyone had any problems with the 1.6 vti engine? Citroen did a full service on the car at 38k miles (summer last year) its now on 44k miles and and used 5 litres of oil since! Its a 10plate car, certainly dont expect it using that much in that space of time and miles! Never had to top it up previous to the service, using the correct oil also and there is no leaks. Think it might be going back to Citroen! Any advice would be grateful

I know there's a bulletin out on the VTi engines to replace and reseal the electrovalve.
    :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
    Partsworld-UK.com
    Email
    Call: 01246 268896
    We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
    *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Originally posted by andrew89 View Post
      Anyone had any problems with the 1.6 vti engine? Citroen did a full service on the car at 38k miles (summer last year) its now on 44k miles and and used 5 litres of oil since! Its a 10plate car, certainly dont expect it using that much in that space of time and miles! Never had to top it up previous to the service, using the correct oil also and there is no leaks. Think it might be going back to Citroen! Any advice would be grateful
      WTF's went through a stage of eating oil for a few months before Citroen fixed it. Just ensure you're checking it regularly if you're still losing oil get it back to Citroen for a more thorough check.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hello and welcome to the club btw!
        Partsworld-UK.com
        Email
        *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Thanks for that! Yes think a visit to Citroen may be on the cards, ££££ haha

Comment

Tell them about the Electrovalve bulletin from Citroen, It's fairly new so they might not have seen it on the system.
            Partsworld-UK.com
            Email

Comment

Do u guys have any more info on this ? Dates Affected or if its the hole range etc. mines uses a bit of oil. About 1 litre over 6000 miles

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                She'd been going through oil at an abnormal rate, even for the 120, a bottle in a month and the oil on my right drivers side wheel hinted something was up.

Took her in today, and the Timing chain bolt was loose, causing the oil to leak from the engine - when looking under my bonnet last week, there was loads sitting on the plate under the engine.

Service said Citroen don't dead lock them on, so after time with movement and changes in heat it has a tendency to wiggle loose.

Tightened back up, engine bay cleaned, brake disk, wheel and hub cleaned up. With the oil over this it said ESP faulty last week -_-

WTF is a beast and has done 58k miles.

Normal service has resumed.
                All in this thread if it helps: WTF and her faults
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

A litre for just over 1000 miles- that's got to be a leak Andrew- surely
                  Ive just bought a litre of oil for £10- every thousand miles that would start mounting up
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Seems that the VTi has a bit of a habit for being an oil burner, then...

Here's a few threads over on C4Owners about some C4s with the VTi and oil usage...

http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/fo...hp?191119.post

http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/fo...c.php?192447.0

Not heard about an electrovalve bulletin, though?!
                    Franklin
                    Citroen C4 By Loeb THP - Sport Red

Comment

I was loosing oil from mine and it got to the point every 2 weeks i had to top up. There was no visible oil leak, i had the electrovalve replaced and resealed and now it's been spot on since. Mechanic couldn't point what the cause was until he replaced this from the bulletin.
                      Partsworld-UK.com
                      Email

Comment

Interesting - thanks. I've linked to this thread over on C4Owners as this could be interesting info for the C4'ers.
                        Franklin
                        Citroen C4 By Loeb THP - Sport Red

Comment

Thanks very much for all help/advice. The car is going to Citreon for them to have a look at it. You would think it was leaking the amount it has gone through. Thinking about changing the car anyway. 10 plate 44k miles, got all the extras, bluetooth, cruise, hifi sound system, folding mirrors etc etc... Reckon I will get £8000 when I get this oil problem fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Citroening View Post
                            Interesting - thanks. I've linked to this thread over on C4Owners as this could be interesting info for the C4'ers.
                            Would they be interested in joining Partsworld-UK to their forum?
                            Partsworld-UK.com
                            Email

Comment

Genuine parts with a forum discount ? Who wouldn't want that ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X