Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-hdi 90 not filling properly

New to the forum.

Developed a problem with my E-hdi 90 recently where i can only fill the fuel tank half way before the automatic cut-off at the fuel pump. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. Someone has mentioned to me about a potential airlock but i doubt that's the case.

hey, have same car, never experienced that although it does make some weird noises ive not had on any other cars :s what plate is yours? does it just cut off completely and stop then ?

Comment

What happens when you try again after the cut off?
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I can continue to fill the car in minute increments but the automatic cut off continues to cut in.

Comment

Maybe the tank is full and gauge is reading wrongly....???

www.SPTuning.co.uk
          Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

That's possible but the car should hold more than 28 liters of fuel from empty

Comment

I think my diesel holds 48 litres although I've never managed to get more then 45 litres into a tank, is yours still within warranty ? If so I'd ask the dealer to look at this...

Out of curiosity how many miles are you getting on the 'full tank' ?
              sigpic

Comment

On the "Full Tank" im getting 350-400 Kilometers as im in Ireland. Diesel here is roughly 1.43 a liter and recently an 800 Kilometer trip cost me 60 Euro if that roughly puts things in perspective

Comment

Originally posted by pmar112 View Post
                  On the "Full Tank" im getting 350-400 Kilometers as im in Ireland. Diesel here is roughly 1.43 a liter and recently an 800 Kilometer trip cost me 60 Euro if that roughly puts things in perspective
                  Then that's not a full tank, my wife's Hdi90 is doing 550+ MILES on a full tank, about 56mpg(+)

Comment

That's what I'm getting on mine at the moment too grim ree.

Sounds like pmar112 does need to get his looked at as it's not displaying the full tank or if it is the mpg is way off what it should be
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a problem in the tank vent system. When it was filling up normal were you in the habit of squeezing every last drop into the tank? If so could have filled the vent system with fuel.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Using your figures you are using 28 litres and covering between 220 and 250 miles. Gives fuel consumption (in mpg) of between 36/40 mpg - unless my maths is wrong - way too low for an Hdi90 - I would suggest getting it looked at urgently (unless you've got large amounts of money to burn!)

Comment

New to the forum.

Developed a problem with my E-hdi 90 recently where i can only fill the fuel tank half way before the automatic cut-off at the fuel pump. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. Someone has mentioned to me about a potential airlock but i doubt that's the case.
                          My HDI 110 did this when I last filled up (Same issue with the mk1 + mk2 Punto). Quick "fix" is to angle the nozzle when filling up so that there is a very small gap at the top of the filler. Solves the cut out problem when filling up.
                          But even so, 400Km on a full tank is Very low!

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                            Sounds like a problem in the tank vent system. When it was filling up normal were you in the habit of squeezing every last drop into the tank? If so could have filled the vent system with fuel.
                            Good shout Cycles, why I didn't think of that is beyond me. OP, when you normally fill are you filling the tank past Citroen's recommended three clicks before the problems started?
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

THP fuel tank vent are piped up to the inlet manifold, there's a one way valve that can fail. Not sure if it's the same on the derv.
                              A sure sign of a blocked fuel tank vent is a whooshing of air sucking into the filler neck when you open the cap.
                              I remember the recall on the old Ford Orion 1.8 Efi for blocked fuel tank vent, it was so bad the steel fuel tank used to suck itself inward under the huge vacuum.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                              Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                              White on red THP
                              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                              X