No announcement yet.

e-hdi 90 not filling properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all the recommendations. the tank is definitely venting alright! will get the car up on the ramp this week and take a look

Comment

Have you tried filling up with a tube and funnel
      IE- Fill a carry can, and fill up with a tube down the filler?
      Least you will know, if it overflows, it is full
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

All the comments above ignore the main issue - 350/400 km on 28 litres? WAY TOO LOW

Comment

Originally posted by grim ree View Post
          All the comments above ignore the main issue - 350/400 km on 28 litres? WAY TOO LOW
          That's strange, I thought his main issue was as the thread title, silly me
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

i will tell you of my fuel experience and take from it what you want
            i DID try to overfill my tank in the past when it was registering just over half full but i dont like taking it too low as it draws up crap from bottom of tank. Anyway
            after refilling and not realising about the 3 click procedure.
            i DID try to get more in the tank only to find that my fuel gauge still read the same (just over half a tank)
            what did i do?.... NOTHING.
            i knew i got Approx 600miles to a full tank so i ran my car till it was about 1/4 full & when i did refill i did NOT go past the 3 click procedure and low & behold when i switched ignition on there it was
            A FULL TANK AGAIN

so not saying this is the same as you but it cost nothing and COULD just be a cheap fix and a lesson to whoever
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
            :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Filled the car up over the weekend and angling the nozzle up and barely putting it in did allow me to fill it right up but as all of you will understand, if its not right then i'll have to fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by pmar112 View Post
                Filled the car up over the weekend and angling the nozzle up and barely putting it in did allow me to fill it right up but as all of you will understand, if its not right then i'll have to fix it!
                This is a sure sign that the vent sys is not working correctly. Normally the displaced air from the fuel tank travels back into the filling nozzle to the storage tank of the station to take the place of the fuel that was pumped into the car providing a closed system for environmental reasons. When you used the nozzle like that you opened the system up. Both the venting of your tank and the vapour recovery function of the nozzle to outside air; and everything worked so the problem lays somewhere in your vent system.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help, really appreciate it! What would your suggestion be? Dealership?

Comment

Thanks very much for your help, really appreciate it! What would your suggestion be? Dealership?

Comment

If you still have warranty left would take it in. If not shop around an independent mechanic may be cheeper.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                        If you still have warranty left would take it in. If not shop around an independent mechanic may be cheeper.
                        Depends how far out of guarantee you are (if you are) you may get goodwill from Citroen because of the nature of the problem.

Sent from somewhere out there...
                        Last edited by Bigfeet; 12-02-2014, 11:35.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          Depends how far out of guarantee you are (if you are) you made get goodwill from Citroen because of the nature of the problem.

Sent from somewhere out there...
                          True, forgot about that point thanks for pointing it out

Comment

Hmmm... sounds like this could of occurred on my DS3 e-hdi 90 to . Will have to keep a close ear out next time I put some fuel in!

Comment

Turns out it was the fuel sender unit in the fuel tank. Really fragile part and a really labour intensive job to remove and refit the top cap holding the unit in

Comment

Working...
                              X