Honeymoons over :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeymoons over :(

Hi guys had my 2010 ds3 thp nearly a week and a half and already starting to get lots of problems. The breaks have started squeaking easy fix but annoying my passenger seat is still broken after a trip to the dealer and now i have to wait for more parts. The engine which i had no problems with in the first week now sounds like a diesel for the first 5 mins running (and the engine light has shown a couple of times for the first 30 seconds) on top of that i really struggle to get it to change down to second. Have you guys got any advice? Tried calling the car people offered to pay the difference between this and a seat diesel they said it would have to be a px which would be a 2k loss! I cant get the time off work to keep taking it to the dealers. Thanks in advance guys, Dan

Originally posted by BumbleBeeTHP View Post
    Hi guys had my 2010 ds3 thp nearly a week and a half and already starting to get lots of problems. The breaks have started squeaking easy fix but annoying my passenger seat is still broken after a trip to the dealer and now i have to wait for more parts. The engine which i had no problems with in the first week now sounds like a diesel for the first 5 mins running (and the engine light has shown a couple of times for the first 30 seconds) on top of that i really struggle to get it to change down to second. Have you guys got any advice? Tried calling the car people offered to pay the difference between this and a seat diesel they said it would have to be a px which would be a 2k loss! I cant get the time off work to keep taking it to the dealers. Thanks in advance guys, Dan
    Have you had an opportunity to review what error codes the ECU is generating? You'll need an OBD tool to scan for error codes.

That would be my first port of call for investigating the issues you're having with the engine and most likely any dealers too.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I dont have one at the moment but i will try my best to get hold of one. Thank you

Comment

This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ELM327-Bluet...&keywords=obd2

Purchase the above or similar and use an android device to download: Torque Pro
        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orque&hl=en_GB

And let us know what it comes back with once you've read for error codes.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I think the engine light showing up is normal? Does it turn off again?

I know I have had a 'great, my engine light is on' panic/sigh a few times when starting her up.

Mine is a lot more throaty than she used to be, not sure if it would be worth checking the exhaust? My 2010 vti needed new brackets as the first set had rusted/corroded through, so might be worth just checking the backbox etc.

Don't panic yet! all seems pretty easy to get sorted! Nothing is majorly wrong, as with any car, they need tweaking a few times. My seat belt went within the second week of her being on the road
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ELM327-Bluet...&keywords=obd2

Purchase the above or similar and use an android device to download: Torque Pro
            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orque&hl=en_GB

And let us know what it comes back with once you've read for error codes.
            Can you get code updates for this Liam? also what phone are you using?
            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
              Can you get code updates for this Liam? also what phone are you using?
              I'm pretty sure that Torque Pro pulls the error code direct from the ECU and doesn't use a database of error codes and their meanings.

I used to use my Nexus 7 to connect to mine.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Consider rejecting it as "not fit for purpose."

JB

Comment

Hi JB i have sent a letter through and emailed the car peoples enquiries address. As my co worker has also said to reject it. if they do im still going to get another! Mabye a diesel next time though.... lol

Comment

Love the diesels!

JB

Comment

HTC phones (Ive an HTC One) are Android too Bumblebee. Torque pro is a great app. Havent needed to search for Fault codes as yet
                      Looks at so much.
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                      X