Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil change

the ds3 is a year old and very nearly 10k
    now the service interval is 20k or two years, was thinking is it worth getting a oil change at a year just to keep it fresh??
    and anyone know what im expecting to pay for just an oil change?

also got a letter from citroen saying the break down cover has now ended... surely its 3 years from new for breakdown cover
    ive had a few new cars mainly vauxhall and now driving a honda aswell as the ds3 and on all my cars ive had 3 years breakdown cover up untill first mot, is it right citroen only offer 1 year???

thanks in advance

As far as I know the breakdown cover (Citroen Assistance) has always been 12 months with the exception of the C6 (that is the roadside service provided by AA, RAC or others). However Citroen do give a 3 year warranty on their cars. As for the question of getting an oil change @ 10k I guess that's very much personal choice, if Citroen are happy that the oil is good for 20k then I think that I'd probably go with that.

Comment

No DS3 has a service breakdown of 2 years / 30.000km (or think 20.000 miles)

But think it's not that bad to do it earlier
      DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

For the UK breakdown cover is as follows,

12 Months Citroen Roadside Assistance OR 36 Months Citroen Roadside Assistance if you have Citroen Elect 3 funding your car.

Outside the UK - Results may vary!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I've had the same letter about breakdown renewal, as mine expires on 10 Feb. They want £65 for 1 year or £130 for 2 (I'm surprised that they haven't incentivised renewal for 2 years by offering a discounted price of, say, £120).

I won't be renewing, as we already have a multi-car breakdown policy that covers the other cars in the household, and can be extended to the DS3.

Comment

Cheers
            I'm just shocked it's only one year breakdown cover, might give the AA a shout.
            As for an oil change might just give them a call see what they can do.

Comment

Out of interest. Any of you guys who have had your car for a year now, have you had to top up your oil ever?

Comment

Only had ours since July, ex demo
                Never needed oil, 1.6 120 bhp dstyle

Comment

My THP needed a 0.5 litre top-up a few weeks ago (at 11k miles) after a particularly long & hard cross-country thrash. First time it's dropped below the top indicator on the dipstick.

Comment

DS3 oil problems

i got a 1.4 DS£ in november 2010 about a month after i got it a tapping noise started from the engine n when i had a look under the oil cap there wasnt alot of oil so i sent it back they replaced the vacume pump and vacume seal but the noise is still there and the garage says there is nothing wrong with the car. and also its only 6 months old and the oil has dropped dramaticly to the min mark the it only has 6000 mils on the clock. and suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                    X