Vinyl on doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl on doors

Question for anyone else who has the Citroen wind deflectors, have any of you noticed on the upper part of the vinyl strip on the door that the wind deflector has pushed the rubber window seal into the vinyl tucked behind the seal and squeezed the vinyl out. It's almost as if the vinyl was trimmed to close to the edge and there's not enough folded over behind the window seal to keep it in place with the added pressure in that area with the thickness of the wind deflector squeezing the seal tighter.
    DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Like this ?

Untitled by lfcrule1972, on Flickr

Yeah I noticed it when cleaning the car last weekend on both sides. I agree it looks like the bulge is caused as the deflectors fit v snugly into the door frames and push outwards slightly on the rubber seal and then the vinyl. I'll keep an eye on it but for me at least I'd rather cut down on the noise when the windows are open and keep them fitted
    sigpic

Comment

Yep that's exactly what's happened on mine. I'm taking my DS into Citroen on Monday to point it out to them as well, I've removed the win deflector to pull back the seal and found that there's very little vinyl folded over behind the seal. :mad:

Comment

Ok, I'll see what you're told by your dealer next week then and then decide if I need to book mine in too, could combine it with a visit for the DAB installation
        sigpic

Comment

I've had to change the booking with the garage, so it'll be going in a week on monday on the 31st. I'll let you know how i get on.

Comment

would it be worth filing down that bit on the corner to make it thinner to stop it happening ? I've just bought some wind deflectors so hoping I can prevent it from happening
            :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
            Partsworld-UK.com
            Email
            Call: 01246 268896
            We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
            *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Maybe Aidan, but it'll weaken them and they'll become brittle in cold weather and possibly cause the end to crack.

Comment

Quick update, Bristol St Nottingham have had a look and the passenger side which looks like lfcrule1972's photo is acceptable but the drivers side which has split where its pushed out is being referred back to Citroen to be corrected under warranty.

Comment

Thanks for the update, I'll keep an eye on mine then, at present they both look the same but will be aware of any splits
                  sigpic

Comment

Had a bit of an issue getting this sorted, but now got it booked into the body shop for next tuesday to get the split side repaired. Basically the garage said it had to be refered to citroen and come back saying it wasn't a manufacturing issue and that the service manager at the garage had said i'd done it fitting the wind deflectors which pissed me off big time. As the deflectors were fitted as per the supplied instructions(geniune citroen wind deflectors) so after having it out with the service manager they are now saying they're doing the repair out of goodwill.

Comment

I'm pleased you're getting it sorted, I did the same as you and fitted exactly as per the instructions (used the plastic paddle thing too) and they fit perfectly but you can see they are tight around that area
                      sigpic

Comment

Ummmm....was thinking of getting some but not sure now
                        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Just got back from having the vinyl replaced and found out something very interesting. The guy that did the repair pointed out some damage on the metal frame of the door and said that it appeared to have been done in an attempt to remove the wind deflector ie "some thieving scumbag, trying to nick the wind deflector" :mad:

Comment

That's not good - to be honest they must be inept as they can easily be removed by bending them away from the door frame cant they ? I don't suppose the damge was noticeable before you took the car in for the vinyl replacement ?
                            sigpic

Comment

No all that was visible was the split in the vinyl, but once the old vinyl was peeled off you could see that the door frame was damaged underneath. As for pulling them out by bending them, only if the window was forced down as the window keeps them in place when it's closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X