57-60 mph front end vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57-60 mph front end vibration

hi guys and gals only me. our little ds has developed a little trait as u get between 57-60 mph the steering wheel shakes for roughly 4-5 seconds then it smooths out again. its only just started doing this and was wondering if any1 else has had the same problem and knows the cause i`ve 2 thoughts on what it could be either wheel bearings going or front wheels need a re-balance?? any advice would be welcome or shall i just pester towncentrecitroen n let them deal with it lol.
    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Sounds to me as if a wheel balance weight has been lost but i am sure somebody more qualified will have an input
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Wheel balance is definitely the place to start with this.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Agreed. but also check the bolts pronto
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Wheel balance is the most likely culprit here, have a peek at the front wheels on the inside of the rim to see if there is any small clean spots - dead giveaway
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

bolts fine all weights all in place no clean spots on inner rim
            e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
            Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Would still have it checked.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Warped discs!
                DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

If it only happens at between them speeds it sounds like wheel balancing ...When you have them balanced check them for damage you may have hit a pot hole a bit hard and bent a rim........Please don't shout i haven't hit any pot holes but just check them.....
                  E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
                  Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

do as you're told!
                    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                    Third time around.
                    Work in Progress

Comment

update wheels been balanced all fine but still same problem will get it booked in with citroen asap

Comment

Guessing you have checked in the engine bay for loose bits and pieces
                        I say that as was caught out myself with a loose compressor that only rattled at certain speeds
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Next step then would be to have the front brake discs checked for warping.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

took car in this morning n guess what nothing no vibration at all. made me n the mrs out to be a couple of cranks as the manager took us for a spin in it oh well will keep an eye on it lol

Comment

A bit of a long shot, but it could be a driveshaft CV joint. I had something similar a long time ago on a Fiesta; driving to & from work with four of us in the car it was vibrating but when the dealer took it out it seemed OK. Fortunately one of the mechanics thought it through & came up with the theory that the extra load was making the car sit lower thus altering the driveshaft angle - a quick road test with four in the car proved him right.

Comment

Working...
                              X