Camshaft pulleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camshaft pulleys

Was driving while at work and just came off roundabout when heard loud thud then car went dead, I
    managed to glide into side of busy road and tried to start car but it wouldn't start. Citroen recovery came
    and got car towed to garage I bought it from, he said it looked like camshaft pulleys had snapped, Hope my terminology is right lol.
    Garage still pulling engine to bits trying to find what damage done and why.
    Stunned at this happening to a car that's only a year old.
    Anyone else had this problem, if so what was the outcome.

Sorry to hear this, not heard of it on the forum before, hope the garage can sort it quickly for you
    sigpic

Comment

Cam shaft pulleys snapped? That sounds very unusual , and quite a big job i would have thought
      They will look see if anything else in the engine has been affected as a consequence
      Hope all goes well
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just been told today they need to take engine head off now. Just have to wait and see what they can tell me after this done.

Comment

Spoke with garage about giving me a car to use as I need it for work and they told me I wouldn't get one unless parts were
          on back order. My hubby was raging and called Citroen direct and they have sorted me out with a lease car until find out
          what's happening with mine.

Comment

Glad u got a car- with the cam shaft pulleys snapped, all the timing has to be sorted/ checked, and could have broken other things too
            Very strange theyve broken. Never heard that before, on any car
            Timing belts/chains broke yes, but not pulley shafts broken

Did you know the history of the vehicle before you bought it
            Not trying to be alarmist, and am sure they will fix as good as new
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Chris,
              Was ex demonstrator with 5800 miles on it when I bought it in September from Citroen Arnold Clark in Stirling.
              I started in a new job where I am out and about driving and bought the car because I wanted reliability and I love the Ds3.
              Hope I don't live to regret it. Hopefully they will get to bottom of it quickly.

Comment

Which engine is it?
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Hi Jamie, engine is 1.6 e-HDI

Comment

Had a call from garage today and Citroen have authorised a new engine, told it may take up to a week for me to get my car back. Watch this space.

Comment

Thought it was a real problem- would have knackered the engine well and truly, but its not a nice thing to say to members
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks Chris, I knew myself it was bad but I am just glad Citroen have decided on a new engine because if they had just
                        tried fixing it I don't think I would have had confidence or trusted car anymore.

Comment

A new engine will sort it Joyce. Quite reliable the diesel lumps
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hooray I've got my car back.
                            They replaced engine, replaced gaskets, injector washers and seals, bled coolant system
                            Renewed gearbox oil, replaced driveshaft seals and engine oil.
                            My hubby collected car and is a bit peeved as nobody at garage bothered to even try and explain what happened.
                            I am just glad to have it back and here's hoping no more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Joyce w View Post
                              Hooray I've got my car back.
                              They replaced engine, replaced gaskets, injector washers and seals, bled coolant system
                              Renewed gearbox oil, replaced driveshaft seals and engine oil.
                              My hubby collected car and is a bit peeved as nobody at garage bothered to even try and explain what happened.
                              I am just glad to have it back and here's hoping no more problems.
                              Good news
                              DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                              Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Working...
                              X