Boot won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot won't open

So far been really happy with my little 1.6 VTi with it's baby blue roof.

However, the boot won't open now. The switch doesn't appear to do anything, and have recently had to open the boot after folding down the rear seats.

Any ideas please? Is this common fault? Is the switch easily replaced? Where can I get one?

Thanks
    x

It could be a number of things. Firstly, wiring. Does everything else electrical on the tailgate work?

Secondly, the switch. If everything else is working, this is a likely cause.

It could also be the lack actuator that's faulty. I'm not sure what the DS uses, could be a solenoid or a motor-driven actuator. When you operate the switch do you hear nay clicks or whirring noises?

Comment

Welcome to the Club Tinks
      There is a way to open the boot from the inside i think- with a screwdriver
      Its detailed in the manual
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

There is no noise when pressing the boot switch button, and all the other electrics seems ok. I assume the micro switch has failed. Was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, and where they got the replacement switch from, as I assume Citroen are going to ramp up the cost

Comment

Sounds like the Micro switch for the boot has failed, usual but not unheard of. I would suggest having a chat with your dealer as if your motor in under New or Used Citroen warranty then it should be covered.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Certainly sounds like a switch failure - even if it's not covered by warranty it won't be an expensive job.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this site and can't find where to post a new blog. I bought a ds3 about a month ago and I don't no if it's something to be concerned about but when I turn of the engine I get an intermittenent whining noise. Doesn't matter whether it's a short/long drive, I've let the engine idle for a few minutes before switching of also and have no idea!! It's a 1.6 e-Hdi Airdream. Thanks for any help in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Matt810 View Post
                Hi, I'm new to this site and can't find where to post a new blog. I bought a ds3 about a month ago and I don't no if it's something to be concerned about but when I turn of the engine I get an intermittenent whining noise. Doesn't matter whether it's a short/long drive, I've let the engine idle for a few minutes before switching of also and have no idea!! It's a 1.6 e-Hdi Airdream. Thanks for any help in advance
                Welcome

Could it be the turbo spooling? I'm only an expert with my vti's faults, not too sure of diesels though

Sure it's nothing to worry about, but someone will be along to help I'm sure.
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks
                  I was told it could be something to do with the turbo that's why I've been letting it idle before switching of. It sounds like it's coming from the front near side area

Comment

Originally posted by Matt810 View Post
                    Hello Matt

It might be better to start a separate thread on the issue. Keeps things tidy for the admins.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                      Hello Matt

It might be better to start a separate thread on the issue. Keeps things tidy for the admins.
                      I can't find where to do this?

Comment

On here
                        http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forumdispla...-DS3-Technical
                        Click

"Post New Thread"

Comment

Working...
                        X