Window rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window rattle

Been an ongoing one this for me, so asking if anyone else has experience a tinnitus sounding vibration rattle from either your driver or passenger side window. I hear it consistently now, especially when accelerating or changing from gear to gear.

Had it in for 2 days but the techie bloke couldn't diagnose the cause at all. Just thinking if anyone has had it and had it resolved, I'd love to know what the resolution was so I could point them in the right direction.

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller...?

No, but my glove box rattles ALL the time. I drive with it open now.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Have you checked that both of the rubber buffers on the glovebox lid are still in-place?

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        No, but my glove box rattles ALL the time. I drive with it open now.
        Well regarding the glove box, get yourself up to Tesco to the oddbits section and you'll find a pound package of assorted shaped black foam pads. I bought them and lined the top edging of mine and it created a nice tight barrier so that the plastic didn't vibrate. Either that or pm me your address and if I can find them (fooking tons of them left), I'll post you off a couple - sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
          Been an ongoing one this for me, so asking if anyone else has experience a tinnitus sounding vibration rattle from either your driver or passenger side window. I hear it consistently now, especially when accelerating or changing from gear to gear.

Had it in for 2 days but the techie bloke couldn't diagnose the cause at all. Just thinking if anyone has had it and had it resolved, I'd love to know what the resolution was so I could point them in the right direction.

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller...?

Yes mate i get it too. Not a lot but when in low gear. I just turn the stereo up...job done !!
          DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

There is a info rapid (in french) which has a trouble shooting chart for resolving this, want me to post this up as you would need to translate it.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
              There is a info rapid (in french) which has a trouble shooting chart for resolving this, want me to post this up as you would need to translate it.
              Yes please mate.
              DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Yep, that twice. Would love to see it, Google translate should come in handy for this one. Cheers Biggie.

ps. if there's a fecking Info-Rapid for this, why the fook didn't my garage have a search for it? Only had it in last month!!

Comment

Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?j5fkaz1bfdagq5k

I'll post this to the Info Rapids thread as well. Let me know if it's of any use.

Comment

Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?j5fkaz1bfdagq5k

I'll post this to the Info Rapids thread as well. Let me know if it's of any use.
                    Cheers dude. Although, why don't these monkeys do the same things in English as well? Grrrrrr..!!

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
                      Cheers dude. Although, why don't these monkeys do the same things in English as well? Grrrrrr..!!
                      Considering half of it is in bloody English anyway. Typical French!!

Comment

I can speak French :P

Comment

Erm, ok.

Anyways, thanks to Google I've managed a translation, although it doesn't actually solve the problem, just points to the possible cause of it. Meh!

Link to translated file

Comment

Well thats half the battle no??

Comment

Well aye fella, still gonna go down first and chat to the service guy to see if he thinks that'll help before booking in the Bobmobile that's for sure.

But yeah, cheers for that, hopefully it'll be helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X