Coolant level.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant level.

Cleaning round the engine bay today and noticed the coolant level at the minimum mark on the expansion tank. I thought with it being a pressurised system coolant loss should be minimised. Is this normal for the THP 150 engine? should I just top it up or get it looked at?

Top it up and keep your eye on it.
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Top it up while running the engine mind.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

This thread prompted me to check mine - it, too, was just on minimum.

So, the options were:

1) top it up with plain water - the amount required wouldn't have any real effect on the strength of the antifreeze
        2) top it up with antifreeze. However, I couldn't find the required spec anywhere, so I wasn't sure that the antifreeze I've got is compatible with the stuff Citroen uses.

so, I put option 3 into operation: phone the dealer & ask if they will top it up for me. As expected, the answer was "no problem". . . job done!

Comment

Mines always minimum- for the last 3 years. Seems happy enough
          It is an expansion feeder after all. So level may fluctuate
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            This thread prompted me to check mine - it, too, was just on minimum.

So, the options were:

1) top it up with plain water - the amount required wouldn't have any real effect on the strength of the antifreeze
            2) top it up with antifreeze. However, I couldn't find the required spec anywhere, so I wasn't sure that the antifreeze I've got is compatible with the stuff Citroen uses.

so, I put option 3 into operation: phone the dealer & ask if they will top it up for me. As expected, the answer was "no problem". . . job done!
            Going in to citroen tomorrow to see if I can claim on my wheels so will ask them to top it up while I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbz View Post
              Cleaning round the engine bay today and noticed the coolant level at the minimum mark on the expansion tank. I thought with it being a pressurised system coolant loss should be minimised. Is this normal for the THP 150 engine? should I just top it up or get it looked at? - Ben Baker
              I regularly check the coolant level.

Comment

Working...
              X