Suspension sqeak/knock? :-/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension sqeak/knock? :-/

Right well this is getting on my nerves more and more. Im getting a strange squeak/knock from the nearside of the car. Cant really make out if its from the front or the back, maybe its both. Happens going over uneven surfaces, so on anglesey roads....thats everyday. Theres a info rapid on the new c3 with knocking noise from the back where its recommended to change the shocks. I do work for a citroen dealer but its been hectic in work so havent had a chance for someone to have a look. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similiar.

Knowing my luck im the only one haha

That's something I'm not experiencing....... yet - might help to know which version of the car you have?
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Have you tried bouncing the car to trace the noise? Open the boot and sit on the lip and then bounce! Might help in finding the noise and determine if it is the suspension or something else.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I have the 1.6THP by the way.

Tried it.I have tried all sorts. Taken the spare wheel foam insert out, even checked the back seats werent loose against the catch. Looked under the bonnet to see if anything is loose under there, wheel arch liners are all fine and not rubbing. Like i said it only happens over un-even surfaces. Bouncing it and rocking the car doesnt make the noise to re-occur.

Comment

Odd that, no chance you could get the car onto a ramp and check the heat sheild and exhaust?

Comment

knocking noise.... if its to go from my experience could be either of the following......

wheel baring
            ball joint
            or spring

only thing i cud say to u is this....

jack ur car up, spin ur wheels 1 by 1 if u hear a noise then its the wheel baring. if its goin over bumps etc its either a ball joint which u can tell also if u give ur wheels a turning whist the car is jacked up and also check the spring but to be honest its very likely on the spring

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
              Odd that, no chance you could get the car onto a ramp and check the heat sheild and exhaust?
              oooh could be that aswell double check it over before u go to the garage as u may find it mite b sumit daft, does this noise happen when u turn corners??

Comment

Cant get the car on the ramp until next week now, got 4 Citroen C8s with snapped timing belts that are having new engines courtesy of citroen ....The weather hasnt been good enough for me to jack it up so ive just grown to bare it for now. It drives fine so im in no panic to get it looked at until there is a free ramp

Comment

Originally posted by LEANNE_GT View Post
                  does this noise happen when u turn corners??
                  Happens on un-even surfaces regardless whether its a straight bit of road or a corner to be honest

Comment

If the spring was broken you would know about it by the horrible noises comming from the wheel!!!

Best thing to do I reckon is check the silly stuff first before panicing about the big stuff.

Comment

hmm id say either the ball joint or wheel baring then,

Comment

Mechanic spent all morning on it today.....conclusion = knackered N/S top strut mount

Comment

My THP seemed to be making an odd noise from the back over bumps but not over speed humps only on bumpy roads, it sounded metallic so i also checked spare wheel well rear seats etc but couldnt find anything but it seems to have stopped now...
                          '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                          '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                          'We do what we must, because we can.'
                          Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Forgot to do an update....heres the old strut top mount off the car :| The metal tube where the shock goes through had actually been torn and twisted from the rubber, thus making it sit on an angle instead of perfectly flat :-/ started making the noise around 6000 miles of use

Comment

so i take you just put the rubber in its place and good as new Herby?

Comment

Working...
                              X