Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside temperature sensor AND Turbo Overpressure

Hello everyone,

new member and not the happiest DS3 drivers in the world. I had loads of problems with my DS3 155 THP so far and most of them after the guarantee ended <sigh>.

Question 1:
    I had the car at a Citroen dealer a while back and they updated the firmware after that the engine fault lamp lights up every time the turbo is activated. Had another shop
    take a look at it and apparently its an Over Pressure Warning in the turbo. Citroen themselves refuses to fix it since there's no guarantee on the car even if the problem was
    caused by them, yeah I know, shitty.

Anyone else experienced the overpressure problem on the turbo and know how I can go ahead to fix it? Or do I need to suck it up and have Citroen fix it and charge me for it?

Question 2:
    Last week on the first really warm day of the year the outdoor temperature sensor started acting up.
    The car was in direct sunlight and when I got back to the car I noticed on the radio that the car was reporting an outside temperature of 65ºC (almost 150ºF), didn't think much about it,
    other than the fact that the A/C was blasting and when I got home that I heard a fan after I turned the car off and got out, never noticed that before.

But now when I get in the car, even in the morning when I know the outside temperature is 12ºC (53ºF), the car is reporting an outside temperature of 47ºC (116ºF) in the shade.
    This resulting in the A/C kicking in instantly and it will not stop. I need to drive with the AAC off.

Same question here, anyone else experienced this and knows what to do? What sensor is busted when the radio temperature is off

Welcome to the club

I've not experienced your issues but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Tjenare Zilver,

never heard of that kind of turbo issues. So have you had a chance to hook it up to Lexia or similar diagnostics SW?
      I guess your outside temp sensor is toast, but I don't think the engine cooling fan will act to outside temp if the actual coolant temp is fine? Are you sure it's not the engine cooling fan that starts and not the AC fan? Engine coolant fan goes always crazy as soon as CEL lids up.
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

I bought one of those OBDII Diagnostic tools and installed a sw called ScanMaster (have to be able to turn the engine lamp off when the turbo hits.. car goes into emergency mode <sigh>). The trouble code from it actually says that the problem is Turbo Overpressure error.
        This happened the day after they updated the software for the turbo at the Citroen dealer. The same day as the warranty ended. "hehe" And the dealer said, without me asking, that they refused to fix it and that it wasn't their fault. Citroen themselves just pointed to the dealer.

I'm actually not sure what fan it is that goes bonkers. I just noticed that it started at the same time as the outside temperature sensor started show faulty readings and
        the ac went all wild to go with it. The fan sounds for at least a minute after I turn the ignition off. That is something I never noticed before and the car been in much hotter weather than the current.

The car is a 2011 155 THP with only 2500km (1500miles) under its belt.

Comment

And yes, I'm missing a zero, 25000km, 15000miles.

Comment

The 1st place to look for a problem is the last place that was worked on. You could ask them to reload the software they should be willing to at least do that seeing as it started right after. Certainly can't hurt and it really doesn't cost them anything, they just hook up the car and let it upload. After that could be a lot of things. A wastegate actuator or linkage, could be a leak in the air line running to the actuator, a sensor, a wiring issue, etc. As was so "nicely" pointed out by the dealer the car is out of warranty so you can take it anywhere to be repaired call around to some local shops.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
            X