Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers seat belt jammed

Hi,

My driver seat belt keeps intermitently jamming and won't release. I drove to Cardiff last week fine but on the return journey home, it was locked solid and I had to drive back to Birmingham with no seatbelt. Yesterday, same thing happened. I went out in the morning, it worked fine, but on my return journey it had locked again and was like it all day long.

I've tried turning the engine off, taking key out ignition, locking/unlocking car, leaving it for an hour but to no avail.

I can't get the car in to Citroen until a week Friday (still under warranty) so any suggestions for releasing it if it happens again? I do alot of motorway journeys so it's a worry for me, let along being stopped by the police.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Jean

Drive from the passenger seat with a brick on the accelerator and use the handbrake for stopping?

No seriously, you can't drive without a seat belt so either get the priority upped by Citroen or find another Citroen garage that can do it sooner!

Good luck

JB

Comment

I've already had it out on the phone with them this morning, next Friday is the soonest apparently.

Seatbelt is working today - but the trouble is I never know when it will lock again. It's happened about half a dozen times or so in the last few weeks. I don't yank it aggressively, just normal use.

I have my seat pulled as far forward as possible (being a short arse) and wonder if this is the problem?

Comment

If there is a seatbelt issue please don't drive the car. I understand that your dealer isn't able to work on the car until later but see if there was a possibility of leaving the car with them and taking use of a courtesy car.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          If there is a seatbelt issue please don't drive the car. I understand that your dealer isn't able to work on the car until later but see if there was a possibility of leaving the car with them and taking use of a courtesy car.
          Tried that one too, this Friday is the earliest. My local garage had no courtesy cars in and there is no public transport either to home or work from them. (its sited off a motorway)

I've been leaving the seatbelt clicked in place - when I get in and out of the car, I have to maneuver the seat belt over/around me without letting it spring back. Not ideal, but its the only way I can drive and have a working seat belt. Not going to work for over a week was not an option.

Its really weird - it works for the first journey of the day but then that's it. Never had anything like this happen before.

Comment

Working...
          X