Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratch and dent!!!

Hi All,

can anyone please help i stupidly reversed into a wall the other day and i have now got a whopping great big scratch and a small dent just by the passenger rear light. I had contacted a couple of local body place who have quoted £150 to get it fixed. I have already tried using autoglym ultrafine renovator to try and remove some of the surface scratches but its not made much difference. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you got any pictures?
    Although by the sounds of it, its going to be a body shop job.

Comment

It's going to be a bit difficult to try and help you without seeing how bad the damage is..
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Can you put your fingernail into the scratch? If so then you most likely are going to need the attention of a body in order to sort this.

Unless Rabid has any suggestions?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

il try and upload some

Comment

there are a couple that you can put your fingernail in yeah. so im going to say its going to have to be body shop job.

Comment

possibly a cutting compound would be able to shift some of the scratches... and maybe make some of the deeper scratches a little less visible. but like said above if your finger nail goes into them will need a body shop to fully get rid

Comment

Sorry to hear this, in my experience (without seeing the damage) £150 to fix the dents and scratches seems quite reasonable
                sigpic

Comment

As punishment you should put your own eyes out then you would not see the damage. Problem solved
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

As stated if you run your fingernail over the area and can feel the scratch then it will need a better person than me to sort it out.

These guys are brilliant. You can email them a picture of the damage, they return with an estimate and if happy, turn up wherever you want to fix it there and then.

http://www.autorestore.co.uk/
                    Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 14-06-2014, 03:47.
                    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                    Take a pride in your ride
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                    X