Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two months in, the inevitable happens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two months in, the inevitable happens...

While cleaning Mrs V's Ruby Red Benefit edition yesterday, I noticed a small cluster of extremely fine scratches, about 10mm long, on the passenger door panel.

A quick resin polish has cleared all but two of them. They are really really thin, I'd say 'hairline' scratches, and any advice on what to use to lessen the effect would be much appreciated. Will repeated AG resin polish applications help, or harm, or would I be better off with something like the dark red tcut product?

Cheers all....
    There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Originally posted by HailVectron View Post
    While cleaning Mrs V's Ruby Red Benefit edition yesterday, I noticed a small cluster of extremely fine scratches, about 10mm long, on the passenger door panel.

A quick resin polish has cleared all but two of them. They are really really thin, I'd say 'hairline' scratches, and any advice on what to use to lessen the effect would be much appreciated. Will repeated AG resin polish applications help, or harm, or would I be better off with something like the dark red tcut product?

Cheers all....
    They will need machining out with a compound to totally remove them like I did here:

SRP won't remove the scratches, it fills them in so therefore hides them. Repeated washing/cleaning will weaken the fillers and the scratches will reappear again.

Hope this makes sense?
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Cheers Andy. Thats a bodyshop job then is it? I really just wanted to mask them, since its so new. I'm guessing when we get closer to the 3year PCP deadline I'd be looking to get a pro to correct any minor blemishes like this... .
      There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

Cheers Andy. Thats a bodyshop job then is it? I really just wanted to mask them, since its so new. I'm guessing when we get closer to the 3year PCP deadline I'd be looking to get a pro to correct any minor blemishes like this... .
        Not a bodyshop pal just any competent detailer with the right equipment
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

If you're near Andy in Manchester I'd 100% recommend him, his results speak for themselves
          sigpic

Comment

Sadly not, I'd be living in a tent in his garden if I were that close!

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              If you're near Andy in Manchester I'd 100% recommend him, his results speak for themselves
              Too kind Chris 👍
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Sadly not, I'd be living in a tent in his garden if I were that close!
                Pitching a tent in the ornamental gardens within the grounds of my estate would not be allowed by the groundsman I'm afraid😞
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Haha, if i did pitch one, you'd only reverse a car under it to wax in the rain...

Comment

Haha, if i did pitch one, you'd only reverse a car under it to wax in the rain...
                    Very strange, you have never met me yet know me so well
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                    X