Alloy repair before and after!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy repair before and after!

So the most heart wrenching and gutting thing happened on Saturday.... I majorly scuffed one of my alloys. The scuff was about half of the rim and to me seemed quite deep.
    However, I have already had it refurbished and it looks good as new! Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_17854-IMAG2162-973560850.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	366234Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_17854-IMAG21701937502969.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	366235

The guy was mobile, charged £80 for the full job and £20 for a small scuff on the other side. It took him about an hour all in.

It's safe to say I have invested in some rimblades and the car will not be used until I'm back from holiday and it's fully protected!

Looks like a good job,who did you use?
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Which rim blades did you get mate ?

Got a link ..

Comment

Looks like a good repair
        Obviously can't be diamond cut,can you tell the difference to the other wheels?

Comment

The other wheels are still dirty do can't compare but I didn't think they looked any different!
          I used a local guy to my area called Gary Fortune. He said he does all the repairs for my local citroën dealer when their lease cars come back.
          I got the standard rimblades in black...
          http://www.rimblades.com/shop/rimbla...im-protectors/

Comment

Looks like a great repair
            sigpic

Comment

Where abouts are you? I need one of mine repairing. Tyre fitting garage damaged mine, repaired it incredibly cheaply and it's corroded now. I've been pestering them to sort it, which they said they would, but it's dragged on for so long that I'm just going to cut my losses and have it sorted myself.
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
                Where abouts are you? I need one of mine repairing. Tyre fitting garage damaged mine, repaired it incredibly cheaply and it's corroded now. I've been pestering them to sort it, which they said they would, but it's dragged on for so long that I'm just going to cut my losses and have it sorted myself.
                I'm in Wiltshire. It comes with a year's guarantee against corrosion which is obviously then void if I damage it myself.

Comment

And today I fitted my rimblades which arrived in the post. They were a bit fiddly to fit and I probably haven't got them completely even all the way round but luckily I'm not too meticulous about those sorts of things.
                  Yay to now being (hopefully) fully protected from any further scuffs!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_26798-IMAG2171-973560850.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	356740

Comment

Rimblades look good, and cooldoodie too Pepper
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Find the latest Box.co.uk Markdown Codes and Vouchers that anybody could expect to find to use across a general party of top tech on ... Box Offers, Discount Code and Headways. Vouchers and markdown codes. Official voucher and discount codes for Vegetation Family. Take a gander at the latest Vegetation Family, really. voucher codes and unequivocal idea here. View More.

Comment

Working...
                      X