Rust bubble??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust bubble??

After some advice hoping the picture shows it, how bad will this get? Is it covered under the paint warranty? There are marks above it but not sure what the previous owner did. How quick will this get worse and I guess will citroen fix it??
    Last edited by manicm; 06-05-2015, 15:25.

I'd hope that was covered but to be honest I don't know how the paint warranty functions....

If it were me I'd get it into a Citroen dealer and ask them to discuss it with Citroen UK for warranty repair. How old is your DS3 ?
    sigpic

Comment

Jun 2013 I picked it up in jan 2015.

The car has got some marks and I'm super paranoid as my other threads will probably show, always had new cars wrapped up in cotton wool, but low end models, 106 style, 206 lx my c2 was the vtr but as I wanted better cars went second hand with my c3 and now ds3. Unsure how the warranty works with this, as the previous owner probably did the damage or citroen as it was on there books as a lease for a year.

Comment

Have to say I have a similar problem on my DS3. Fortunately the dealer and CUK are accepting it as a warranty job. This is my 2nd DS with a paint issue on the door. In the last one the dealer told me that it isn't rust as the door is galvanised but is due to a paint fault.

Comment

Mines in today to be looked at fingers crossed

Comment

Had a call from citreon UK after my tweets and Facebook status, awaiting a time slot to have the car looked at.

Comment

Booked in,hoping for a good result!
              Last edited by manicm; 06-05-2015, 15:25.

Comment

Well he looked at it took a few pics and the bubbles on my wing mirror checked out was still the original paint said he didn't see a problem, Will put it to cuk and I'll hear in a couple of days

Comment

Keep us posted guys
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Tbf to citroen the Twitter and Facebook pages responded very quickly, spoke to the dealer who sold me the car today he seem surprised but said if I needed any help we would try to sort things out if needed. So guess Wednesday morning will update!

Comment

Had my roof resprayed on the warranty for paint flaking at 2 years old. Be persistant is all i can say.
                      Knock Knock?

Comment

Took a picture in the rain, he agreed it wasn't quite right. Asked about any repairs previously told him it was one of there fleet cars so no idea, he checked and came back said yep was one of ours we should of sorted it before selling on. Quote and pictures sent to citroen UK, awaiting the next step.

Comment

We have this as well...seems the paint is of exceptional quality.
                          Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                          Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

I have a few of these but just on the drivers door
                            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                            Take a pride in your ride
                            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Update, originally citreon agreed to sort it, now the quote is higher than originally thought, so waiting for this to get approved.

I'm surprised thought once they agreed to pay for the repair and job done, stuck in limbo while they work it all out

Comment

Working...
                              X