Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help and advice on refurbs for bellones (diamond cut v painted) before/after pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help and advice on refurbs for bellones (diamond cut v painted) before/after pics?

Hi All,

I've been loitering the last couple of weeks and I'm in need of some advice please. I have recently bought a DS3 and I am in the process of giving it a bit of tlc. The alloy's are scratched to bits to put it politely. I enquired about a refurb price from a guy local to myself that has pretty good reviews. However this is for them to be painted and not a diamond cut refurb (gob smacked at the cost of a refurb for diamond cut!) Does anyone have any photo's of before/after a refurb from diamond cut to painted so I have a comparison? Also could any one with photo shop help with colours to give me an idea of what they would look like afterwards if I opted for painted which I'm swaying towards.

Thanks
    Emma

Personally I'm not a fan of the fully painted wheels, I saw a DS3 with them at a local car sales place last summer. That said if you can't afford the refurbs I can understand why you'd do it.....

You could try a search on the forum as from time to time other owners have recommended diamond cut refurb places - one might be near you if you can find the posts One of the recent posts had a DS3 with black painted wheels, saw it this week.... I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit - here it is - http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....e-mods-to-come!

Contact the original poster and see if he has any pics of the wheels he can share
    sigpic

Comment

I just think it'd be worth saving up for it to be diamond cut - OR look for a full set of wheels on here, they usually go quite cheap for a full set of bellones
      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Thanks for the response. Yes the refurbs for the diamond cut was £200 per wheel! (Plus no car for approximately 2 weeks!) First thoughts were, good god, I can buy new alloys for that. I wouldn't have them painted all one colour, just a close a match as possible to what they already are but having not seen a comparison side by side it's making me so indecisive. Especially seeing as I've now got it in my head "I wonder what pink and black painted bellones would look like!"

I've read a lot of info over the last week regarding diamond cut refurbs and I was under the impression from all that I had read that there are more cons with them than pro's which is the other reason I was swaying towards painted.....
        Last edited by Emro23; 29-01-2016, 09:25.

Comment

You'll get cheaper used ones a few on gum tree at mo

Comment

I was in exactly the same situation up until a couple of weeks ago!

I much prefer the look of the diamond cut bellone's but I could not justify paying to get them done when not one of the companies near me were willing to guarantee a diamond cut finish at all (clues as to how long the finish may last)

In the end I got them powdercoated in satin black which took away the in your face gloss and bought a pair of centre caps which matched the paintwork of my car to put some colour back into the wheel with the silver diamond cut areas now missing.

As I say I would have preferred diamond cut alloys again, but the general response I received when emailing different companies was that I would be daft to pay the extra for diamond cut (this even from companies that did it!)

I love my powder coated wheels, and as long as I watch out for curbs will last a lot longer.Click image for larger version

Name:	12494751_1214700925211269_5400992378122950544_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	360194

Comment

Sets of 4 Bellones have been sold on here for around £350ish if I recall correctly....

If you want painted wheels then go for it, if you're not sure have a look around for second hand Bellones
              Last edited by lfcrule1972; 06-04-2016, 06:50.
              sigpic

Comment

Diamond cut refurbs

Originally posted by Emro23 View Post
                Hi All,

I've been loitering the last couple of weeks and I'm in need of some advice please. I have recently bought a DS3 and I am in the process of giving it a bit of tlc. The alloy's are scratched to bits to put it politely. I enquired about a refurb price from a guy local to myself that has pretty good reviews. However this is for them to be painted and not a diamond cut refurb (gob smacked at the cost of a refurb for diamond cut!) Does anyone have any photo's of before/after a refurb from diamond cut to painted so I have a comparison? Also could any one with photo shop help with colours to give me an idea of what they would look like afterwards if I opted for painted which I'm swaying towards.

Thanks
                Emma
                I was having a locking nut removed by a refurbishing company & asked the question what would it cost to have the wheels done & the advice I was given was forget diamond cut as it's just lacquer that covers the alloy where the paint has been removed . They recommended a single colour painted wheel same day service wheels re balanced £230.00 total Glasgow company

Comment

I fully understand that wheel places will much prefer the all one colour finish to the Bellones, but I bought the car with the diamond cut wheels and will keep them that way whilst I own it. Citroen have been good and replaced 3 of the 4 Bellones due to corrosion from new
                  sigpic

Comment

Very markdown codes and very improvement codes give you astonishing concessions on maker clothing, ornamentation, homeware, stuff and that is only the start. Find the latest Box.co.uk Markdown Codes and Vouchers that anybody could expect to find to use across a general party of top tech on ... Box Offers, Article Of The Week and Levels of progress. Vouchers and markdown codes. Official voucher and markdown codes for Vegetation Family. Take a gander at the latest Vegetation Family, genuinely. voucher codes and unequivocal idea here. View More.

Comment

Working...
                    X