Chrome door trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome door trim

Hi all not sure if this is in the right section so please move it if required,

Just got back from Evans Halshaw Citroen in Cardiff and i have to say the customer service is shocking in that place im not sure why i keep going there!

anyway on my 2nd visit for this problem and after 2 hours of waiting its still not sorted, basically my chrome strip on the passenger door has come loose, they wanted £187 for new chrome strips and clips which seems excessive to me?

i know new trim is expensive but i'm not sure its needed considering its only one side of the car that needs doing and its most likely just a clip or something?

I'm sure this has been covered many times before but i was wondering if there is anything i could do myself to fix the trim to the car?

any advice you guys can provide would be appreciated.

thanks,

Steve

It it's the "baguette" you're talking about, they are held on by double-sided tape, so all it needs is gently peeling off, new tape & putting back on place. It may be possible to do it without removing it, but to get it to sit properly it would be best to remove the old tape. I'm not aware of any clips - on later cars there's a couple of spigots which locate in holes in the door, which earlier ones didn't have.

That price for new ones sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It it's the "baguette" you're talking about, they are held on by double-sided tape, so all it needs is gently peeling off, new tape & putting back on place. It may be possible to do it without removing it, but to get it to sit properly it would be best to remove the old tape. I'm not aware of any clips - on later cars there's a couple of spigots which locate in holes in the door, which earlier ones didn't have.

That price for new ones sounds about right.
      yeah the baguette, i thought i read somewhere there were clips holding them on i must be wrong, so are all models held on with tape? that'll make it easier if thats the case just need to fine some decent tape now :P

Comment

I've just used this double sided tape to hold my wind deflectors in and it seems very adhesive, if you go down that route.
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1818482905...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
        "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

We don't for every circumstance offer markdown or voucher codes on any of our things, since we feel our expenses are just in a brief time frame enormously surprising london accountant. Free UK Focal region Transport on orders over £50. Client help. We are liberated from Monday to Thursday to address your techniques.

Comment

Working...
          X