Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respray/Scratch repair

Morning!

So...yesterday I was treated to a new pin stripe down the side of my car in the shape of someones favourite key.

As this has just added to the collection I think it may be time to spend the money on getting the car sorted out as there are varying levels of wrongness with the body.

1.Wing mirror to petrol cap scratch (The newest one) it is quiote light but I think deep enough to warrant respray
    2.Deep bonnet scratch about 12inches long with lots of stone chips
    3.Couple of 5p dents around the whole place
    4. Rust on one arch (This was replaced a few years ago but the new panel has rusted, but I stupidly didn't get a receipt as it was a friend of a friend and the company has now changed hands)...grrrr
    5. Boot lid scratch
    6. 4 mighty fine kerbed bellones
    7. scratch on front splitter
    8. A-pillar black standard wrap is split and flaking

I'm sure there is probably more but hey ho...

So.... does any one have any recommendations about getting this all sorted?
    A job lot would be sweet for the right price providing its a good recommended company.

Help!

ps...Joni if i get this all sorted it means I can come to meets.
    Knock Knock?

Christ it'd just be easier to buy a new car, surely!

But seriously, as you were saying in the chat, you could get a full respray and repair to the rust. That's probably going to cost between £1,000 to £1,500 for a full decent respray and repair to the panel.

Then you have the wheels refurbishing, if they're diamond cut that's going to cost more. Probably up to £100 per wheel, iirc. Personally, I would buy new wheels they go for much cheaper than to repair usually.

The A-pillar wrap will be no more than £50 I reckon, if you're brave enough you could easily do it yourself.

As for places, I couldn't help with that. Just make sure you get lots of written quotes about work and prices from different places and see if they have reviews online. Avoid smart repair companies, they are jokers.
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by liamlazenby View Post

ps...Joni if i get this all sorted it means I can come to meets.

Hahahahaaaaaaaa!! -_-

1.Wing mirror to petrol cap scratch (The newest one) it is quiote light but I think deep enough to warrant respray
      Try some G3 Scratch Remover Someone on Facebook had theirs keyed and looked like new after soome home TLC

Professional fix & respray

How?!

4. Rust on one arch (This was replaced a few years ago but the new panel has rusted, but I stupidly didn't get a receipt as it was a friend of a friend and the company has now changed hands)...grrrr
      As 3

5. Boot lid scratch
      How bad?

Buy new ones - go for something different

The plastic underskirt bit or do you have a splitter added?

Re wrap, won't cost much at all
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        Hahahahaaaaaaaa!! -_-

Try some G3 Scratch Remover Someone on Facebook had theirs keyed and looked like new after soome home TLC

Professional fix & respray

How?!

As 3

5. Boot lid scratch
        How bad?

Buy new ones - go for something different

The plastic underskirt bit or do you have a splitter added?

Re wrap, won't cost much at all
        Yeah thanks Joni,
        Just took it to dentfix to see what they can come up with. I've asked for them to look at the whole car so its going to be extortionate but a good starting place.
        Got a few recommendations from friends so will try them out.
        Everything on it is bad enough to need a respray.

The arch is the bane of my life, they didn't under seal it so water got in under the primer has has rusted it. their fault but since the company has changed owners I cant get it repaired as the bloke refused, plus i did leave it a few years before trying.
        The bellones I may get glossed and put alloygators on.
        Uh ther car just does my head in,
        Kind of want meguairs to sponser my car to give it an overhaul..... but don't we all.
        Knock Knock?

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
          Christ it'd just be easier to buy a new car, surely!

But seriously, as you were saying in the chat, you could get a full respray and repair to the rust. That's probably going to cost between £1,000 to £1,500 for a full decent respray and repair to the panel.

Then you have the wheels refurbishing, if they're diamond cut that's going to cost more. Probably up to £100 per wheel, iirc. Personally, I would buy new wheels they go for much cheaper than to repair usually.

The A-pillar wrap will be no more than £50 I reckon, if you're brave enough you could easily do it yourself.

As for places, I couldn't help with that. Just make sure you get lots of written quotes about work and prices from different places and see if they have reviews online. Avoid smart repair companies, they are jokers.
          Full respray was going to be about 2k, but with what i've asked for a quote its pretty much every panel anyway.
          The wheels hes priced it 60 quid a corner to have repaired and glossed, not diamond cut finished though which was 125 a wheel!

Got a few more people to try this weekend, plus need to call insurance, but not sure if I can be arsed, it only puts everyone's premiums up!
          Knock Knock?

Comment

Full respray was going to be about 2k, but with what i've asked for a quote its pretty much every panel anyway.
            The wheels hes priced it 60 quid a corner to have repaired and glossed, not diamond cut finished though which was 125 a wheel!

Got a few more people to try this weekend, plus need to call insurance, but not sure if I can be arsed, it only puts everyone's premiums up!
            Don't worry about other people's premiums, small fish - big water. Worry about your own premium/NCB.

Honestly, I would get wheels refurbed to OEM standard or just buy used wheels, check out scrappies.
            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

So any one with any inclining of prices have a look at this quote for me and tell me what you think?

I think for the work, its a good deal?
              Knock Knock?

Comment

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                Last edited by liamlazenby; 05-05-2016, 15:17. Reason: Like joni said, maybe a bit too much info
                Knock Knock?

Comment

price was £1880 for pretty much every panel respray, dents taken out, and all 4 corners refurbed and glossed.
                  Knock Knock?

Comment

price was £1880 for pretty much every panel respray, dents taken out, and all 4 corners refurbed and glossed.
                    If it's every panel resprayed, are you going for a different colour?
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

This.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                        This.
                        I knew it!
                        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Vw Polo also had this "fun" paint scheme available too!
                          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

I used to live near a VW Polo Harlequin (I think it was called that)
                            sigpic

Comment

I reckon I could just go to the scrappy and get all the different panels for a 10er
                              Knock Knock?

Comment

Working...
                              X