Had my first ds3 crash :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my first ds3 crash :(

So Thursday I had my first ds3 crash [emoji19] was driving along the car park and someone came out of the no exit/entrance only and do I ended up in the side of her. At the time she admitted liability but has since changed her story. So annoying.

Rex is waiting to go to the garage but has bumper, wing, headlight and dlr damage. Also now my driver door is rubbing on the wing [emoji19] wish me luck in proving her wrong 😕

Sorry to hear about that,hope you get sorted very soon! :/
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Poor Rex

Keep us posted about what the insurance company says. Funny how she changed her mind about liability after admitting it was her fault.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Sad times, at least you're ok though, car can be fixed. Hopefully they will see sense and admit responsibility.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I don't understand how some people can be so nasty�� If she made a mistake, and is at fault, she should admit liability and take the consequences.

Hope you get it sorted.

Comment

You may be unlucky here because car parks are normals classed as private land, so insurance won't touch the claim. I do hope you sort it though.
            It's all about the DS:snowy0:

Comment

Originally posted by Noo View Post
              You may be unlucky here because car parks are normals classed as private land, so insurance won't touch the claim. I do hope you sort it though.
              That's just not true, of course they'll handle the claim.
              [

Comment

Looks like you were in the right good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellypopper View Post
                  I don't understand how some people can be so nasty�� If she made a mistake, and is at fault, she should admit liability and take the consequences.

Hope you get it sorted.
                  If you look through your insurance it always says 'don't admit fault' or a version thereof. Her mistake was at that point. It's not right or fair but it's there in the small print somewhere.
                  "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

If you're insured with either LV, Zurich, Saga, or ITB you could be speaking with me . Was there any CCTV? If shes changed her story I'd contact the police. If you've done that within 5 days of the accident happening you can make a claim against the Motor Insurance Bureau if you've had any financial losses i.e. paying your Policy excess towards the repairs to your car. Just make sure you have all of her vehicle details (make, model, colour and reg)

I deal with cases like this almost everyday at my work, sucks it happened to you. I know how it feels. Glad you're ok though
                    Last edited by Euan; 07-05-2016, 23:21.
                    DS3 Evo Edition
                    Sport Red
                    E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
                    Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Originally posted by Bellypopper View Post
                      I don't understand how some people can be so nasty😔 If she made a mistake, and is at fault, she should admit liability and take the consequences.

Hope you get it sorted.
                      Worst bit that is the nasty is that I know her. Went to her wedding and hen do. At her wedding her brother included in the speech how bad a driver was.

When the crash happened she admitted it was her fault. Offered to repair out of insurance and 'didn't want to lose a friend' .... somewhere she changed her mind 😣

Comment

Originally posted by Noo View Post
                        They're handling the claim but what it does mean is there is no high way code. I'm hoping they just realise that she was going the wrong way around a one way system

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
                          If you're insured with either LV, Zurich, Saga, or ITB you could be speaking with me . Was there any CCTV? If shes changed her story I'd contact the police. If you've done that within 5 days of the accident happening you can make a claim against the Motor Insurance Bureau if you've had any financial losses i.e. paying your Policy excess towards the repairs to your car. Just make sure you have all of her vehicle details (make, model, colour and reg)

I deal with cases like this almost everyday at my work, sucks it happened to you. I know how it feels. Glad you're ok though
                          Thanks yes there was cctv so I've given my insurers the email for British transport police to get the footage. Not sure if the cameras were pointing at the accident point though. I've also sent my insurers loads of pictures of the car park from her view and my view and that it's a one way system

😣

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post

My insurance has legal cover so depending on what they decide about liability I'll get any losses back

Comment

Originally posted by RXEEY_Brace View Post
                              My insurance has legal cover so depending on what they decide about liability I'll get any losses back

Just FYI, if you have any personal injury you can also claim special damages for any loss of earnings / financial losses etc simultaneous to general damages for pain and suffering caused by injuries. Couldn't tell you how legal cover on insurance works or how to claim losses back without PI claim though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                              @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Working...
                              X