DS3 Sideskirt Scuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Sideskirt Scuff

Hi. I stupidly (and accidently) skimmed a high kurb coming out of a car park last night, gutted as i've only had the car for a month.
    I've looked online for a replacement trim or sideskirt but i can't see them anywhere, can someone confirm what the actual part is called?

The skim/score isn't that deep and i'm thinking maybe some black trim product would do the job?

Any advice guys?

Also is it normal for the paint at the strip above the side skirt to be raised like that?

Thanks
    Attached Files

The bubbling just above the skirt is completely normal and nothing to worry about.

Side-skirts are expensive to replace directly from Citroen. A more cost effective solution would be to get it to a body repair shop and see if they can sand it out (or give it a try yourself )
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

As above the bubbling is normal. I think it's to toughen the paint up against stone chips.

I might have a passenger side side skirt spare if you did want to replace? No clips though but these are easy to locate online.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yea i found them eventually and they were priced over £100.
        I wouldn't risk doing it myself, i'd probably make a pig's ear out of it lol but i might ask our local body repair shop man.
        It isn't that bad really it's just because i "know" it's there lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          As above the bubbling is normal. I think it's to toughen the paint up against stone chips.

I might have a passenger side side skirt spare if you did want to replace? No clips though but these are easy to locate online.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
          Thanks WTF, i'm going to try our local guy but i'll be in touch if i decide to replace.

Comment

Working...
          X