Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DS3, New Scrape - Advice needed!

Hello,

This is not the way I wanted to introduce myself to the forum, but a week after I bought my 13 plate DS3 I got a scrape in a car park on my bumper.

I am not really sure what to do as its plastic and buffing it out has done nothing.

What can anyone recommend?

Is it easy enough for an amateur to sand and re-spray or would it be worthwhile going professional?

And what are peoples experiences with getting colour matches, I have a few scratches I could do with touching up too.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161022_162228.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	368255

Paint colour codes are in the passenger door shut, on the same panel as the tyre pressures. It's a 3 letter code, you'll have one for the body and one for the roof/mirrors. Take that to any bodyshop and they can supply you some touch-up paint.

Or the easier way is go to a Citroen dealer and order a touch up pen.

As for working out the scratch, it's hard to see how deep it is. If you want it looking spotless, I'd get it done by a pro. If you're alright with it just being less obvious, do it yourself.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

My sympathies! I did something similar on my DS but 10 x worse. With deep gouges in the lower part of the bumper. I took it to my local dealer fully expecting a new bumper but fortunately they could repair it for £120. I am well pleased and it comes with a manufacturer backed warranty. So my advice would be to take it to a dealer for a quote, because based on my experience it may not be as much as you expect and the result would be far superior

Comment

A nice sticker might do the job

Comment

Thanks for feedback. Will try dealer and a local bodyshop!

Comment

I would suggest using a local SMART repairer for something like that, would be much more cost effective. Had a look online or ask your dealer who they use.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Welcome to your own discount code page. Here you'll find the best Tax Advisor Near Me and offers , which are all power.

Comment

Working...
              X