Winter tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter tyres

What's people's views on just having winter tyres on the front or all round?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO

Not a winter tyre thread ha ha ha ha ha ha
    sigpic

Comment

Have I missed something

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
        Have I missed something
        Its a debate that is as hotly contested as DRLs on with main lights.

'Stands by for Chris Blue'
        sigpic

Comment

It won't really effect you southerners :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
            It won't really effect you southerners :rolleyes:
            When i bought new wheels i was more interested in picking a tyre with good wet weather performance and this morning at 0530 i was glad i did. Some horrendous road water on the routes into London.
            It certainly doesn't get as cold but it does get as wet.
            sigpic

Comment

My opinion, All around. Reasoning; if just on front the rears (assuming summer tires) will have less traction not just when snow on ground but also when cold out leading to a tendency to oversteer. If all season tires out back same changes just not as bad.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I would say in the UK it's not worth changing to Winter tyres, I've never done it and never had any issues. If you do change them, change them all (as Cyclone says).
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
                  Its a debate that is as hotly contested as DRLs on with main lights.

'Stands by for Chris Blue'
                  Ha! Cant remember too well my opinion voiced on here about winter tyres, but remember after being stuck on the M23 overnight for 11 hours, that they should be used

So for the next 3 years had a spare set of wheels with Vredestein and Pirelli winter tyres which i put on every November, and they never saw snow!

Having got AWD drive motor now, i dont bother with winter tyres

Course- in Germany, its mandatory....
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

Having got AWD drive motor now, i dont bother with winter tyres
                    Yeah, cos that 4WD makes stopping in snow so much more efficient ha ha ha
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      Course- in Germany, its mandatory....
                      In Germany winter tyres are only mandatory if snow and ice are on the road. If it is minus 20 and the road is snow and ice free your are allowed to use summer tyres even if I wouldn't recommend this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan79 View Post
                        In Germany winter tyres are only mandatory if snow and ice are on the road. If it is minus 20 and the road is snow and ice free your are allowed to use summer tyres even if I wouldn't recommend this.
                        That's why I love German Logic, specially about traffic rules and thats exactly what I do, if it's snow and icy my racing will wheelspin even if i install spikes :P so worthless to change... but on the other hand we go skiing with our ML every year and that has 20" wheels with summer tires, and never had an issue so really depends I guess...
                        DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Working...
                        X