Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passengers side window

Hi,

Got a 2014 ds3 vti cabriolet. Strange thing started today with the passenger side window.

The button on the passenger door works intermittently. The drivers door button that controls the passenger window works every time.
    I have the car with me in Turkey at the moment and took it to the local citreon dealership. They looked at it, took the passenger side control part out of the door and tried a different switch, same problem. They then banged the
    Bottom corner of the passenger door, opposite the pillar and it started to work again.

We left and 10 minutes later it started to play up again. We did notice that the window was ratterling around a little over the poor Turkish roads.

I guess the motor is fine as it works from the drivers side everytime, any ideas what's going on?

Thanks

Could be a wiring problem or a loose connection inside door. Have them take the inside panel off and poke around. Or do it yourself easy to do http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-for-DS3/page1
    Last edited by cyclone; 25-04-2017, 12:55.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

^ Seems logical, so an issue with the passenger side wiring/connection.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        ^ Seems logical, so an issue with the passenger side wiring/connection.
        Yah, I mean they whacked the door and it started working so 1st place to look
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I thought it sounded like a loose connection somewhere. Didn't want to start poking around to much just yet.
          Had the car from new, apart from having to change the fuse for the windscreen jets.

Cars been great.

Thanks again

Comment

Great post, a lot of stuff in here i did not know about

Comment

Working...
            X