Annoyed!!!! Damaged Front Door - Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoyed!!!! Damaged Front Door - Advice needed

It turns out, somebody or something has damaged my Front Drivers side door + Front Wing as well.

I've got no idea how or when it happened, i woke up one morning last week and noticed my door didn't look right. On close inspection there are two scratches that are also dented into the door that start on the wing and end in the middle of the door.

I've got no idea how they got there, you can't see them until you get really close, and i only saw it because i caught a light reflection and noticed the door was out of shape. I tried to take a picture but you really can't see anything. Now i know it's there, its almost as though whoever did it is laughing in my face every time i get in the car.

I phoned the police, nothing they can do as I expected, and if i use insurance to get it fixed, my premium will rocket, not to mention that my excess is ridiculously high anyway.

Either way, one of my mates friends who works at ChipAway, took it for him to see, basically, a filler job will be about £500, but he reckons its still gonna shimmer and won't look right, because of the way the door is dented, they wont be able to pop it out. Apparently from a bodyshop point of view, the damage is really bad, although it doesnt look it.

His advice was to get a new door skin, or door and do it that way, either way, he reckoned it would be about £800-1000 to get it fixed including the front wing, absolutely gutted because Citroen looked at it and they quoted a lot more.

So it leaves me trying to find a door replacement or a new door skin. After searching around for a while on the net, i'm not having any look.

I'm absolutely gutted, has anyone got any help or advice they could offer, it would be really appreciated.

Have You Ever Dealt With Bodyshops Before Mate ? Because Your Throwing Out Some Stupidly Large Numbers There...

When My Wheel Come Off My DS3, My Drivers Side Wing Was Bent And Smashed To Hell And Beyond ( Full Weight Of Car Landed On It @ 70 Mph ), My Front Bumper Was Damaged The One Side With Scratches And A Pokey-Outy Dent Where the LED Unit Had Shot Through The Bumper And The Bottom Half Of My Drivers Door Was Dented And Squashed In A Bit.

New Wing = £90 Delivered, Front Bumper Work + Door Work + Fitting Wing + All Spraying = £300.

Unless You Can Get A Picture Up To Prove Me Wrong I Think My Damage Sounds Alot Worse Than Yours...

I Paid £390 Total And It All Looks Good As New So I Don't Know How Your Guys Have Got Those Stupid Figures ! They're Just trying To Rip You Off, I'd Take It Down To Your Local Bodyshop And Ask For A Quote.
    Last edited by ZACK; 20-01-2012, 14:12.

Comment

Sounds a large amount but its more than likely true, one bodyshop quoted me £1200 to replace to lights, brackets and fill in a bumper when i had my old car i went down the road same things fixed for £600, the big names normally say a large amount thinking you pay for what you get, a place by me might interest you, called panel an paint, basically Renault send there cars to them and when nationwide cant fix a car they send it there, reasonable prices i think too

We came,
      We saw,
      We stood around,
      We went home. :cool:

#19:10 Arlow> You do know you can use your laptop whilst its plugged in

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        Have You Ever Dealt With Bodyshops Before Mate ? Because Your Throwing Out Some Stupidly Large Numbers There...

When My Wheel Come Off My DS3, My Drivers Side Wing Was Bent And Smashed To Hell And Beyond ( Full Weight Of Car Landed On It @ 70 Mph ), My Front Bumper Was Damaged The One Side With Scratches And A Pokey-Outy Dent Where the LED Unit Had Shot Through The Bumper And The Bottom Half Of My Drivers Door Was Dented And Squashed In A Bit.

New Wing = £90 Delivered, Front Bumper Work + Door Work + Fitting Wing + All Spraying = £300.

Unless You Can Get A Picture Up To Prove Me Wrong I Think My Damage Sounds Alot Worse Than Yours...

I Paid £390 Total And It All Looks Good As New So I Don't Know How Your Guys Have Got Those Stupid Figures ! They're Just trying To Rip You Off, I'd Take It Down To Your Local Bodyshop And Ask For A Quote.
        when your wheel fell off at 70???? WTF!!!! did you forget to put it on? is that the joke about you and 3 wheels?
        Red / Black HDi 90 .............. If you see me give me a Toot

Comment

Originally posted by Kaibabes View Post
          when your wheel fell off at 70???? WTF!!!! did you forget to put it on? is that the joke about you and 3 wheels?
          You must be the only person that does not know this story lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaibabes View Post
            LMAO !

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...heel-Fell-Off-

Comment

Fookin hell!! you were lucky!!"!.. well make sure im not driving behind you.. hang on I was in front of the the other week.. if I had known then I would of screeched myself watching ya wheels!! what happened after?? and how did it fall off?
              Red / Black HDi 90 .............. If you see me give me a Toot

Comment

The Bolts Weren't The Best But I Didnt Fit Them Right Basically, So I Had To Fork Out Myself ! haha

Comment

I haven't dealt with body shops myself no, but i figured taking it to Citroen first to get a price, was bound to be more than any independant workshops. Citroen quoted £1200. I'm taking it to another Citroen garage tomorrow to see how close the quotes are.

I took it to another bodyshop yesterday and the guy quoted, £750. I have dealt with Garages before and i know some of them in my area try it on, but the first guy i spoke to at Chips Away was pretty gutted for me. I'll get a picture and post it, it's difficult to see but tears right through the middle of the door.

Gonna see what the second Citroen quote is tomorrow.

Comment

Cool mate,

Keep Us Informed !

Comment

If the scratch can be cut out you should try paintless dent removal, my neighbour is one and he sorted the wifes mini after someone reversed into her door the job is amazing but it relies on the paintwork not being damaged so much that it requires a respray.
                      But the dents in the door were pretty bad and he got them all out, The trade use him all the time to get dents out of new or used cars that they want to sell

Comment

Well Citroen Worthing came back to me this weekend. Still a lot of money but significantly better than anywhere else.

£440.

Includes what they quoted as 11 Hours labour and Paint and Parts. I've got it all booked in for the 13th, and asked them to sort out a few little chips and marks around the car (i.e. people opening doors onto my car etc.) and fitting some mirror caps which i bought off eBay. Which they said they won't charge me for.

So out of the 5 or 6 different places i tried, it turns out the Citroen Dealer round the corner was cheapest. Lets hope they make it a good job.

Comment

Working...
                        X