Marks/Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marks/Scratches

I have never had a car that is marked so easily.. I even think the wind is marking it as I am finding white fine lines almost weekly!!! the paint job on these cars are bloody awful!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Red / Black HDi 90 .............. If you see me give me a Toot

Hmm I thought the same myself yesterday after finding another scrape! Lol. Still they look amazing even with some chips and scrapes ;-)
    2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
    2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
    1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Machine polish will sort the swirl marks out

Comment

Originally posted by Kaibabes View Post
        the paint job on these cars are bloody awful!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
        My wife and I both bought new black cars at the same time (me DS3, her Fiesta)
        I clean them both and can say categorically that the Fiesta always looks better and comes up with a much deeper shine.
        It has also marked much less.

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
          I clean them both and can say categorically that the Fiesta always looks better and comes up with a much deeper shine.

Jimbob
          so you do clean your car Jimbob

Comment

with a cloth soaked in a muddy puddle

Comment

So the lesson for me is to give it a full detail when it arrives then layer up the protection/sealant and keep it topped up.

sigpic
              Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

Hi All,

In my experience of machine polishing French paint can be quite soft so is easy to mark....but it's a generalisation of course. One thing's for sure Jap paint is always soft and German paint as hard as nails.....both have their advantages and disadvantages....

Treating my paintwork cautiously I'm still managing to minimise swirls but I'll give her a little enhancement soon I'm sure....

Heaton, if I were you I would definitely give your black on black an enhancement on arrival, I'd recommend Megs 205 on a white hexlogic pad, ideally via rotary if you're into machining.....then finish off with a nice wax....

Got too many cars booked in though and I only have so many weekends!
                Regards,
                Clive.
                CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Do you buff the polish off with a cloth or a pad/rotary? What about wax, is it possible to apply using a machine also?

Comment

Chris,

Polish is buffed off with a cloth (microfibre)......

You can apply a wax via a machine, but I find having just spent hours machine polishing that there's a lot more pleasure applying wax by hand (remember with wax you are not polishing so there's no real benefit of the machine, in fact all you want is the thinnest layer of wax).....

Regards,
                    Clive.
                    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                      Could it be that you're just too damned careless with yours, Jimbob?!!

Comment

Originally posted by ds3oo1 View Post
                        so you do clean your car Jimbob
                        It has been known!!!

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                          Could it be that you're just too damned careless with yours, Jimbob?!!
                          It's possible, it's possible!

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
                            with a cloth soaked in a muddy puddle
                            Cheeky bugger!

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                              Heaton, if I were you I would definitely give your black on black an enhancement on arrival, I'd recommend Megs 205 on a white hexlogic pad, ideally via rotary if you're into machining.....then finish off with a nice wax....
                              I'm too much of a newb to go machine polishing lol. I've been stocking up and reading up in prep for the new car and would be doing it by hand. I was going to get some PB Blackhole and I've already bought me some FK 1000P High Temp sealant.

Already got my:
                              shampoo
                              2 MF wash mits for wheels
                              Simons MF Wheel brush
                              2 lambs wool mits for the body
                              Mammoth MF drying towel
                              BH Claybar
                              Meg Quick Detailer
                              MF cloths
                              MF applicator pads

Just need to get the Blackhole and thinking of getting Trix as this looks like I can multi use it for the iron/tar and bug marks as well. Oh and i'll need a wheel cleaner and tyre restorer but I'm hoping they can wait until I've had the car a couple of weeks since I think i've spent enough already lol. (any recommendations for the wheels and tyre cleaner would be appreciated)
                              Last edited by Heaton; 20-06-2012, 10:47.

sigpic
                              Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X