stone chips and scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stone chips and scratches

i just spent 2 hours in the freezing cold washing and polishing the car to find that after owning the car for 2 weeks some ungrateful idiot has scratched the tailgate. its not a bad scratch but is bad enough that i now know its there, any tip on the best way to get it out. Also have a stone chip on the front bumper which is a bit more obvious again any tips on getting it sorted.

Hi,

I could probably machine certainly the lighter one out for you, and possibly the one on the front too (would need to see it). Alas, you are a long way from me.

Try using some Autoglym Super Resin Polish on the lighter one, work in well, don't use too much polish, and see how well that improves it.

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

thanks clive as always you are there to help us novices, looking at detailing world ( i know you are there too) there is a guy in glasgow "caladonia" is running regular courses and i am thinking about registering there to get on one of the courses so i can dispell the machine polisher fear and get into it

Comment

My Dad got a chippex kit with his car, and tried it out on my car before he dare use it on his. Does work really well on the stone chips, but I gave up, soon as I cover one up I'd find another
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

the only reason i dont like cleaning my cars, all the small stone chips and scratches start to show up
          Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

I am sure cars are getting more stone chips these days than years ago due to the terrible state of the roads. There are more pothols around that are left untreated so causing more loose stones on the road to be flicked up and cause stone chips in the first place

Comment

The paint that is used today is water based which is softer when dried compared to acrylic based paint that use to be used. Apparently German built cars have the toughest water based paint - guess they have mastered the art a bit better than other countries.

Comment

Consider all the most recent and most focal UK voucher codes and markdown GolfPoser here at the UK's go-to shopping region, all the top brand names that you know Get additional cash off in October with these vouchers and structures. Save at the UK's #1 electronic shops with these markdown codes. All that could genuinely be reachable to find in the UK. On all the top Uncommon occasion and Style shops, find the savviest evaluations here.

Comment

Working...
                X