Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Compatability

Hi

Does anyone know of a list of compatible phones for the bluetooth system in the DS3? Or is it pretty much anything? I am getting rid of my smartphone to a lesser phone of just calls and texts and plan to just use a USB stick for tunes. So it will be a basic Nokia or something and fear some of these lesser mobiles even with bluetooth capability may not be useable. Cheers

It should be fine but I have had problems with Nokia's in the past. Have a quick look at this to see if your phone is listed.

http://www.citroen.co.uk/home/#/owne...ogy/bluetooth/
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I can't get that link to bring up anything but citroen news? I wanted to check if my phone will be compatible.

Comment

Did you click the the little blue line that says "Click here to check the Bluetooth Microsite"
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It doesn't bring up anything like that for me?

Comment

Try this. From the Citroen.co.uk web site hover over the owners services tab. the Bluetooth category is under the Technology heading. that should bring up the page where you can go to the micro site which is http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-servi...compatibility/ Just a thought are you using your phone or a computer?
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

iPad as that's all I have. Still don't get that option sadly. Nevermind, will find out tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                It should be fine but I have had problems with Nokia's in the past. Have a quick look at this to see if your phone is listed.

http://www.citroen.co.uk/home/#/owne...ogy/bluetooth/
                If the phone is not listed (Nokia 515) can I assume then that its a no go? Is the list you think pretty much up to date?

Comment

My Nokia 1020 isn't listed either - and that works for BT Audio streaming... The only thing that doesn't work for me is next/prev track, but I've only tried it with Spotify, so it might very well be that app which isn't responding, and normal audio (mp3's, etc) might work fine...
                  There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                    If the phone is not listed (Nokia 515) can I assume then that its a no go? Is the list you think pretty much up to date?
                    If the phone is not listed then it hasn't been tested yet I believe is more the case.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I work in a phone shop and constantly have a lot of customers that come in complaining that bluetooth won't work with their cars, it is a problem with nokia's bluetooth, so would suggest getting a different phone unless you have already bought one. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by HailVectron View Post
                        My Nokia 1020 isn't listed either - and that works for BT Audio streaming... The only thing that doesn't work for me is next/prev track, but I've only tried it with Spotify, so it might very well be that app which isn't responding, and normal audio (mp3's, etc) might work fine...

Nice phone. I have the 925 but do hanker after the cameras ability on yours👍
                        Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                        Take a pride in your ride
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                          Nice phone. I have the 925 but do hanker after the cameras ability on yours👍
                          cheers, yeah, its pretty much the best camera on a phone I've used, and the unusual shape has never bothered me. its the only phone I've had that strangers have struck up a convo with me about...
                          There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

No problem with with Bluetooth on my previous Lumia 920,now using Lumia 1320 this works perfectly,phone calls, receiving text and replying to text using speaking,also streaming audio i.e. youtube,music on phone
                            DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

It would appear that recently made ds3's are having problems with Bluetooth. My Bluetooth system works but never shows the caller ID, been to the dealers and after three wasted visits it appears that they now have to write a software update. The courtesy car citreon lent me did exactly the same. Lost a days work because of this Citreon customer services not interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X