Amplified front door speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplified front door speakers

As I can't find any threads about this, I have amplified my front door speakers but to do so I took the standard speaker out and behind it, there was a plastic housing I presume it was to direct the sound into the car the problem I have is I had to cut the plastic for the new 6x5" speakers if the photo appears you can see the magnet is 4 times the size maybe more so it was the only way to make it fit, luckily when the window is down it still misses the my question is has anyone else how as amplified their front door speakers just amplified the standard one or has also had to cut the plastic out of the way? Thanks. Sorry the photos upside down the smaller speaker is the standard speaker!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	366211

I've installed new 6.5" speakers all round, some lovely Pioneers.

I did have to cut the backing plastic behind the original factory speakers (front only) with a blowtorch to fit in the new speakers. I can only speculate that the plastic behind them is to extract as much sound out of the factory speakers as possible. As I understand it, the factory front speakers are only around 35watt, so they have to focus on efficiency. Make the new speakers don't interfere with the power window mechanism.

By amplified, do you mean you'll be putting an amplifier in, say under the passenger seat?
    I did that, a 4ch Class D amp, 1 ch per speaker and I must say it's necessary if you want to get the most out of after market speakers.
    As a downside to higher power handling of after market speakers, they will most likely have less sensitivity than the factory ones, so the factory head unit won't be able to drive them to their full potential.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me I have both of my amps in the tyre Well in the boot as I don't have a spare wheel.

Comment

Working...
      X