Usb connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usb connection

Hey guys just looking for some help. My Ds3 finally got delivered to me on Thursday and so far I love it and my life is now complete.
    However I have an s4 phone and when I plug it into the usb to charge it says it does not recognise the device to play music..
    It still charges the phone and I know I can use bluetooth to stream it which I am doing (drains battery) and I know I can uses the aux but is there anything I can do make the usb work this way.
    Cheers Joe

I have the same phone and a new ds3. Mine picks up something through the options like moving between cd, radio, aux point. Does yours not do that?

Comment

No mine doesn't even do that I plug it in and then when I cycle through the modes it only picks up songs through bluetooth. Strange

Comment

what mode is the phone in for usb as android has several including charge onlt iirc

Comment

Pretty sure you have to select 'Mass storage' (or similar) on the phone first, then change source on the car.

I don't have an Android phone but I vaguely remember someone mentioning it previously.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Beefy is right, check what settings you have for USB tethering and make sure it is set for Mass Storage, that way your phone behaves like a USB Flash drive as far as the car is concerned.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Brilliant thanks for that I'll try it now

Comment

Working...
              X