Aftermarket head unit main display issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket head unit main display issue

Hoping someone can help. I have an aftermarket head unit fitted (kenwood bt52u). Today the battery had to be disconnected and when it went back on the display panel that shows the date, time and temperature is just flashing and the dealer doesn't know how to fix it. He said aftermarket head units are not compatible with the display panel and the only way to set the time is through the original radio. Please help.

I'm guessing you don't have the original head unit then ? Not sure if there is any other option if the dealer doesn't know what to do, sounds like the Lexia tool won't be able to reprogram the display
    sigpic

Comment

I do still have the original head unit but didn't want the hassle of having to re fit it just to set the time. I thought you might be able to do it from the stalk control.

Comment

What's the lexia tool?

Comment

It's a dealer diagnostic tool that some download to laptops which allows certain parts of the DS3 (or ECU) to be reprogrammed, like having your DRLs on with sidelights etc...

I've disconnected my battery before but the reprogramming was via the buttons on the head unit only
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I think I will take it back to the dealer and see if they can sort it.

Comment

I too have after market radio . On your headunit. Can you use your steering wheel controls to change channel volume etc. ?? I've using a jvc unit with a connects 2 steering wheel control unit and I can change menus change date time via the steering wheel controls
              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

To be honest I'd refit the original head unit and save myself the bother of a trip to the dealers Once sorted you can refit your aftermarket one.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  To be honest I'd refit the original head unit and save myself the bother of a trip to the dealers Once sorted you can refit your aftermarket one.
                  I'd second that you only have to pull out aftermarket radio unplug quad lock and put back onto factory radio it would only take about 10 mins total
                  http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                  2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                  DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

But for safety you SHOULD disconnect the battery..... But it should be okay if you 'hot swap' it.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                    X