Can't play music via usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play music via usb

Hi guys, I've got an iPhone 5 & like to play my music via usb as the quality is better.

However, all of a sudden its stopped working, when I plug the phone in, it switches to aux but just says "wait" on the display in the car & doesn't do anything else.

Anyone else had this? Car is due for its first service next month, probably eorth getting them to take a look?

All I can suggest is disconnecting the cars battery. Can't hurt anyway.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

^ This, it's what Citroen will do first anyway If you look at the battery there is a quick release cap, pull that and disconnect for 1min then reconnect and see if it resets the unit. Don't worry you don't need a code if it's still the original head unit for the car
      sigpic

Comment

I had the same problem buddy, turns out the USB cable was knackered so was very intermittent. Might be worth trying another cable before you mess with battery / dealer haha

Comment

You have it plugged into the USB socket but the display says AUX??

First off make sure you haven't got things plugged into both the USB and AUX, you can only use one or the other. Next step is to check the cable and make sure that is working correctly.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sorry, should have been clearer, its just an iphone 5 cable plugged into the USB ports.

Tried another cable today and thats not working either, it charges the phone but wont play music and I've still got the issue with calls over Bluetooth.

Its in for a service next week so will get them to look at it, do I need to tell them beforehand or just when I drop it off?

Comment

I would so they can allow some time in order to take a look.

Have you tried plugging in a USB stick with MP3s in order to test the socket?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I have Iphone 5 and original cable. When i try to connect my phone via USB, it does not even charge the battery. The phone only vibrates continuously and will not connect.

Comment

Originally posted by FINDS3 View Post
                  I have Iphone 5 and original cable. When i try to connect my phone via USB, it does not even charge the battery. The phone only vibrates continuously and will not connect.
                  I have had this recently too actually and assumed it was because it wasn't an Apple cable but tried a genuine one. It was also going it on my work laptop which has USB ports blocked.... However, since the latest iphone ios update a few days ago it's not done it once.... Worth a shot?
                  2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Originally posted by FINDS3 View Post
                    Quick internet search showed this is a fairly common I-Phone problem.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      I would so they can allow some time in order to take a look.

Have you tried plugging in a USB stick with MP3s in order to test the socket?
                      Yea i tried that and it came up with a message "USB peripheral error" so im guessing theres a prob somewhere.

Comment

Now in cars there is the proper arrangement for the systems that can be used for entertainment. In order to listen music trust my paper reviews and you will get the various updates regarding every concept here.

Comment

My USB has never worked and it certainly wont operate Mirror Link. It charges my phone but thats all it does.

Comment

Hey there! It seems like you're encountering an issue with your iPhone 5 when trying to play music through USB in your car. The sudden switch to aux with a "wait" message on the car display might be indicative of a connection problem or a glitch. Before taking it in for a service, you could try a few troubleshooting steps. First, ensure that the USB cable and connection are in good condition. Attempt restarting both your phone and car system, and also check if there are any software updates available for your phone that might address compatibility issues. If the problem persists, reaching out to the car's manufacturer or checking online forums for similar experiences could provide additional insights. While a service during your upcoming car maintenance might be a good idea, exploring these initial steps could potentially resolve the issue without the need for professional assistance.

Comment

Working...
                            X