Microphone not working on calls?? Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone not working on calls?? Help please

Ok so I have phone connected to system. Accept when I make or recieve a call I can hear the other person fine through speakers just no one can hear me??? I have scanned through the manual to make sure I'm not
    Missing something or not activated the mic but can't seem to find anything?
    Music is playing fine just mic issue. Some please help is driving me crazy!!!

Originally posted by crutchley3131 View Post
    Ok so I have phone connected to system. Accept when I make or recieve a call I can hear the other person fine through speakers just no one can hear me??? I have scanned through the manual to make sure I'm not
    Have you tried it with a different phone just to rule that out as the potential issue?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

No I don't I could maybe try with a friends phone

Comment

No I don't I could maybe try with a friends phone
        You can try with any phone you like.

If it works with that, the issue is unlikely to be car related and more than likely it's simply a case that your phone isn't compatible with the DS3.

What phone is it, out of interest?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

have you tried deleting the phone from the stereos paired devices and then re pairing. I had the same issue with my phone in my Kuga and it worked in that.

Comment

Hi yes I have deleted and re paired it a few times now. Still no good it's an iphone 5s thanks to all responding with ideas

Comment

Had this in 2012, the microphone had to be replaced after Citroen tried to blame my phone, my way of using the phone and the phone operator signal. They said they fixed it using a firmware update for the MyWay but as I found out today they lied (firmware was original 2010 version). Take the car in and get them to check.

Comment

Hi.
                Try this mate. Delete all Bluetooth devices. Then turn on Bluetooth on your phone. Then press the word Bluetooth. Then search for Bluetooth devices. Accept the phone, calls and media of course..............Then.......... SYNC. And then tick calls and media again (accept) on your phone (appears as SYNC) - sent to the phone from the car screen menu. SAVE
                I really hope this helps mate. It's infuriating I know, but ANY phone calls can wait, until it's sorted. [emoji106] [emoji52]
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you sort it out? I have similar problem. My phone Sony Z3 connects via Bluetooth hands free fine I make calls normally its just happens every 3rd or 4th call the people do not here me clearly or with some sorts of delay/disturbance not possible to continue normally and talk.
                  Unfortunately this disturbance happens very often and I have to disconnect Bluetooth hands free and make a call from phone. I have cleaned mic and downloaded latest firmware to the eMyway RNEG 50.03 R50B but no significant improvement.

Anyone had similar problem with Bluetooth hands free? It is very annoying since this happens often but not all the time so the real fault could be easier to define...

Comment

The easist way to tell if the microphone is dead is to have a friend call you in the car with the agreement that you will say a certain phrase once the call is answered. If you caller has a clear dead line on their phone then the mic is not working, replacing the mic is a simple enough job.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      The easist way to tell if the microphone is dead is to have a friend call you in the car with the agreement that you will say a certain phrase once the call is answered. If you caller has a clear dead line on their phone then the mic is not working, replacing the mic is a simple enough job.
                      Thanks for advice.

I guess since my microphone works most of the time the delay/bad sound/few seconds they do not hear anything during some calls is a Bluetooth connection problem either on phone or most probably the head unit.

Comment

Could try the SOS and/or the Citroen Assist (double chevrons) buttons (if you have them). The SOS button should put you through to the emergency services (hmm maybe avoid this button) and the other through to Citroen Assist (basically the AA).
                        As far as I'm aware you don't need a phone connected for these two buttons to work (could be wrong).
                        That would tell you if it's a problem with your mobile or not.

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
                          Could try the SOS and/or the Citroen Assist (double chevrons) buttons (if you have them). The SOS button should put you through to the emergency services (hmm maybe avoid this button) and the other through to Citroen Assist (basically the AA).
                          As far as I'm aware you don't need a phone connected for these two buttons to work (could be wrong).
                          That would tell you if it's a problem with your mobile or not.
                          Thanks.

Could you please elaborate more on pressing the SOS or Citroen Assist buttons...how are they interconnected with my phone ? I have no problem pressing those buttons as much as I wont since there is no service in my country for SOS or Citroen Assist buttons

As I wrote in messages above only on every 3-4 call I have problem with other side to hear me while using hands free its either delayed/interapted/background noise/my voice is not heard clearly...I hear them great always without any interruption.

Comment

From the manual page 253-254 it say:

Emergency or assistance call

CITROEN LOCALISED EMERGENCY CALL
                            SOS button: In an emergency, press this button for more than 2 seconds. Flashing of the green LED and a voice message confirm that the call has been made to the CITROEN Emergency team*.

Pressing this button again immediately cancels the request. The green LED goes off.
                            A press (at any time) of more than 8 seconds on this button, cancels the request.

The green LED remains on (without flashing) when communication is established. It goes off at the end of communication.

This call is dealt with by CITROEN Emergency team which receives locating information from the vehicle and can send a detailed alert to the appropriate emergency services. In countries in which the team is not operational, or when the locating service has been expressly declined, the call is dealt with directly by the emergency services (112) without the vechile location.

! If an impact is detected by the airbag ECU, and independently of the deployment of any airbags, an emergency call is made automatically.

If you benefit from the CITROEN eTouch offer, you also have available additional services in your MyCITROEN personal space, via the CITROEN Internet website www.citroen.co.uk.

* These services are subject to conditions and availability. Consult a CITROEN dealer.

CITROEN LOCALISED ASSISTANCE CALL.
                            ^
                            ^ Pressing this button for more than 2 seconds to request assistance if the vehicle breaks down. A voice message confirms that the call has been made*.

Pressing this button again immediately cancels the request. The cancellation is confirmed by a voice message.

OPERATION OF THE SYSTEM.
                            SOS : When the ignition is switched on, the green LED comes on for 3 seconds indicating that the system is operating correctly.
                            SOS: If the orange LED flashes: there is a system fault. If the orange LED is on continuously: the backup battery must be replaced. In either case, contact a CITROEN.

If you purchased your vehicle outside the CITROEN dealer network, we invite you to have a dealer check the configuration of these services and, if desired, modified to suit your wishes. In a multi-lingual country, configuration is possible in the official national language of your choice.

For technical reasons, particularly to improve the quality of Telematic services to customers, the manufacturer reserves the right to carry out updates to the vehicle's on-board telematic system.

Comment

I was under the assumption that no mobile is required (I could be completely wrong about this). I assumed that there is some in-built comms in the DS3 that is canned to calling either the emergency services on 112 and Citroen Emergency team on another number.

Comment

Working...
                              X