iPod, USB and Subwoofer Rattles......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod, USB and Subwoofer Rattles......

I took delivery of a DS3 Dstyle 1.6HDi this week. Cherry Red with Black roof and it looks great.

I've some issues with playlists from the iPod not showing and Bluetooth pairing dropping when playing from a USB stick and reverting back to the radio. My dealer is looking into these problems but I thought I'd see if anyone on here had similar issues and could provide a DIY fix.

My main gripe is the rattle from the subwoofer. The rattle is definitely from subwoofer area and freaks me out. Has anyone suffered from this torture? If so can you point me to the location of this rattle so I can sort it. It's been lashing rain for the last two days so I haven't been inclined to root around in the boot!
    1.6 HDi DStyle. Cherry Red/Black.

Hey Crosstown and Welcome to the forum.

I have a DIY fix to it

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ub-woofer-Pics

Comment

Originally posted by sim22 View Post

I have a DIY fix to it

Wow, that was quick!

Thanks for the solution. I'll give that a go once this bloody rain stops.

My sub rattles at a volume of 12 (sometimes less) with the bass setting at 0 and the Loudness Correction set to 'inactive' so it's quite annoying. Hopefully your fix will sort that out for me.

Comment

Yep, mine used to do that before, the foam filling tends to absorb the rattling

Comment

Originally posted by crosstownk View Post
          I've some issues with playlists from the iPod not showing
          I've never been able to access playlists or compilations/mix albums from my ipod via the USB port. I think this is just a limitation with the interface rather than being a fault, I might be wrong though. I get around it by having a 3.5mm lead too so I can have full access if I need to. I also have mix albums on my phone so I can connect via Bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy150 View Post
            I've never been able to access playlists or compilations/mix albums from my ipod via the USB port. I think this is just a limitation with the interface rather than being a fault, I might be wrong though. I get around it by having a 3.5mm lead too so I can have full access if I need to.
            Yeah - that seems to be the case from the limited research I've done so far. A bit of pain as I've over 4,000 tunes in my iPod and playlists would save me trawling through the whole lot. It looks like the 3.5mm jack might be the best solution but that's not as integrated as I'd like it to be.

The USB stick might be another option but it would appear that the DS3 won't play AAC files - am I right? Do I need to convert my entire iTunes Library to MP3?

Comment

Your dealer will have an info rapid for the rattle, a quick search on the forum would have led to the post about this. As to the bluetooth, what phone are you using and what is happening exactly?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by SiM22 View Post

I have a DIY fix to it

Tried this fix and it works a treat - thanks, SiM22

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                Your dealer will have an info rapid for the rattle, a quick search on the forum would have led to the post about this. As to the bluetooth, what phone are you using and what is happening exactly?
                It seems there are software updates for the NOMAD unit so I'll drop in and see if any are applicable to my DS

The issue is with my wife's iPhone 3G. I have the car less than 3 weeks so it's not a problem as I'm driving my new toy and won't let her near it - yet!!

It pairs but there is no audio via bluetooth. I suppose I should have the software update before going any further.

Comment

Try changing your stereo settings.... Set Stereo to Classical,Front to Rear -2,Bass 3-5,Trebble 3-5, Loudness correction ON.

Worked for meee

This may help Clarky.
                  Last edited by Clarky; 11-02-2011, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                    Try changing your stereo settings.... Set Stereo to Classical,Front to Rear -2,Bass 3-5,Trebble 3-5, Loudness correction ON.

Worked for meee

This may help Clarky.
                    I tried all that but still had a rattle at low volume.

The foam sorted it and all is well now.

Comment

I have an iphone 3g and had the same issues, disconnecti g the battery for 10 minutes re-set the bluetooth so I could stream music however, no track info showed on the screen in the car, connecting it bu usb blanks the phone screen too.

Updating the iphone to 4.2 software via Itunes allows me to use the steering controls to change tracks but not to choose playlists which I do on the phone before setting off.

However, if you have an unlocked and jailbroken iphone, 4.2 update will revert you to a locked state unless you update to baseband 6.15 which is from the ipad, this will mean you can still unlock & jailbreak the phone using Ultrasn0w but will prevent any iphone update till it reaches 6.15 or beyond. This has risks and could possibly affect the GPS functionality too so it is not for the fainthearted.

Complicated I know but as the iphone 4 works out of the box, the 4.2 update is the only way to go at this time I think with 3g or 3gs phones.

Comment

Cannot see pics

Hey,

I'm having the same rattle issue and am unable to see the pictures in the link above (my laptops playing up, waiting on a new one). Is there any chance anybody could send them to me or put a small explanation as to what needs to be done.

I'm assuming you gotta put some sort of foam around the sub in the boot?

Any help would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by mgmzungu View Post
                          Hey,

I'm having the same rattle issue and am unable to see the pictures in the link above (my laptops playing up, waiting on a new one). Is there any chance anybody could send them to me or put a small explanation as to what needs to be done.

I'm assuming you gotta put some sort of foam around the sub in the boot?

Any help would be great!
                          Welcome

The photo's that where in the link where removed by the user - and the thread was irellevant (mainly photo's) so was moved by myself.

Yeah, if you take the plastic panel off, then put some sponge around the sub - I've been meaning to take some photo's of what I have done, will do soon!
                          My DS3R3... nearly....
                          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Awesome, thanks very much. I haven't actually peaked back there yet but got a good idea what you mean.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello

I have this same annoying rattle in the boot, and i have tried the settings but still the rattle. however when i click on the thread to the pics of t he quick solution it says i cannot acess them, or i am trying to edit t he original post ? anychance someone could re up or point me in right direction...

many thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X