Garmin Sat Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Sat Nav

I would like to use my existing sat nav in the DS3.It came with a cigar lighter (12v Aux )connector and a short arm/ clip and stick on cup for windscreen etc .I would prefer not to fix it to the screen, is there a way to fix it in a good position with out marring the nice dash, any ideas and info would be good.
    On order2011 Jan 17- left factory Feb 7. at dealers Feb 24. new 11 reg. 1st march on road. :- Cherry Red Pearlescent body. Onyx Black roof. HDI 110 DSport 6 speed. Mistral Claudia leather. Bellone black wheels.Chrome door mirrors.Carbon dash.City signature.Space saver spare.

I have the original removable Garmin Sat device from Citroen. When mounted, it is located where the extra middle HiFi speaker is on top of the dash. No wires visible at al.

Comment

Iv also got a garmim it's sat on garmin bean bag
      Holder which uses original snap fixings
      Sits great on the dash and does'nt leave
      Any marks as it's got felt on the bottom of the bean bag

Comment

I highly recommend Brodit Proclips and Holders, check www.dsldevelopements.com for details. They're not cheap but they're tailor made for the car and phone / satnav.
        DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I too can recommend Brodit Proclips, BUT the one that fits on the drivers "A" pillar is a bugger, stick to the centre consule mount, clips in by the side of the radio (passenger side)

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
            I too can recommend Brodit Proclips, BUT the one that fits on the drivers "A" pillar is a bugger, stick to the centre consule mount, clips in by the side of the radio (passenger side)

Why's the "A" pillar one a bugger? I was thinking about getting that one when my DS3 arrives. How reachable is the center console mount? It's been a long time since I test drove a DS3, I see from that site I gave a link for that it looks close to the lefthand side of the radio controls.
            DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Because it's such a tight fit that the plastic cover springs off, had to use an extra large self-adhesive pad to get mine to stay put. the centre console one put the device on a level with the volume control,
              The one on the A pillar is a good location for sat nav though (or a mobile phone as in my case).
              Biggest problem is the location of the 12v socket in the car, not convenient for dash mounted devices.
              I've ended up with a USB box fitted to the top of the small cubby hole to the right of the steering column and then a USB to power lead for my Nokia, and the Ipod socket in use for my Ipod classic on the centre mount
              Last edited by John S; 06-02-2011, 22:02.

Comment

I use a garmin with a holder that fits to the airvent ,available at halfords ,I use little suckers intended to hold xmas lights to a window..... to keep the wires to cig lighter socket tidy.

Comment

Originally posted by ds3oo1 View Post
                  Iv also got a garmim it's sat on garmin bean bag
                  Holder which uses original snap fixings
                  Sits great on the dash and does'nt leave
                  Any marks as it's got felt on the bottom of the bean bag
                  I also use one of these (see https://www.amazon.co.uk/BuyBits-Gen...9457520&sr=8-5)

Works very well on my C8, but have yet to see how it fits on the DS3 dash.

Doesn't move round and removes the need to have anything stuck to the windscreen, leaving tell tale round sticky marks for prospective thieves.

Comment

Sorry, just realised that this was an old post and you've probably sorted it by now.

Too much time on my hands!:redface:

Comment

Working...
                    X