DSport Plus USB Audio Capabilities...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WAD62 View Post
    If one doesn't use a directory structure, and just lumps everything into one directory, things appear in the correct sequence...but when one has more than 30k tracks that is one hell of a scroll!!!
    Pretty sure it will only register the first 999 tracks in a folder...
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I can't help but think you'd be best managing your media via a media player considering your niche requirements.

It seems pretty apparent that the Citroen firmware isn't up to your expectations so why not cut out the middle man and do everything from a separate media device?
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

NICHE!!! NICHE!!!

Who is your target audience for a USB input? people who only have a couple of 64k itunes downloads?

It's 2014 man! File based audio and tag recognition have been with us for years...and again it's virtually the same software as was on my 2007 C4, what have you been doing at Citroen for the last 7 years? Sitting in a cardboard box

Why bother adding a USB input, and an 'upgraded' soundsystem to the Plus models, if I have to play my music back via the headphone output of a bloody media player.

Putting a 'media player' in the replay chain will simply degrade the sound.

There are plenty of open source apps that can deal with audio meta data tags properly, I suggest Citroen do some research...:mad:

Comment

So will engine noise, tyre roar, the wind outside the car, etc..

I appreciate that you're a "sound connoisseur"(stick that on your CV ) but I can't help but feel you're expecting a lot from an OEM car sound system. I understand that Citroen have added the "hi-fi pack" but in reality that's little more than a sub in the boot and an extra speaker at the front.

I just can't help but think you're expectations are a little too high for the model of car you've chosen.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            I just can't help but think you're expectations are a little too high for the model of car you've chosen.
            My thoughts exactly. It seems your choices are to either make the best with what you've got, based on the advice that we've given; Or to get a full aftermarket system that will satisfy your needs.

I for one am quite happy with the system as it stands and barely notice the bugs anymore. Maybe that's because I'm not in the car as much as some or because I'm too busy enjoying driving it when I am
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thank you for your 'High-Tech Support', much appreciated...

Music file attribute support costs F'all, just a little knowledge, and thought...

As for sound quality, read earlier in the thread...I'm looking for convenience, not additional gadgetry

Comment

NICHE!!! NICHE!!!

Who is your target audience for a USB input? people who only have a couple of 64k itunes downloads?

It's 2014 man! File based audio and tag recognition have been with us for years...and again it's virtually the same software as was on my 2007 C4, what have you been doing at Citroen for the last 7 years? Sitting in a cardboard box

Why bother adding a USB input, and an 'upgraded' soundsystem to the Plus models, if I have to play my music back via the headphone output of a bloody media player.

There are plenty of open source apps that can deal with audio meta data tags properly, I suggest Citroen do some research...:mad:
                somehow I think I have just been insulted.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  somehow I think I have just been insulted.
                  None intended mate...

Comment

Thank you for your 'High-Tech Support', much appreciated...
                    Spend an evening with me and you'll soon see our understanding of the meaning behind "*high*-tech support" are probably quite different

Music file attribute support costs F'all, just a little knowledge, and thought...
                    I agree. But I also don't expect to get something that contains 'a little knowledge, and thought' when buying French. No offence intended however when buying French one knows that there is a certain reputation attributed to build quality hence my comments on setting expectations.

As for sound quality, read earlier in the thread...I'm looking for convenience, not additional gadgetry
                    Be sure to keep us updated if you find something worthwhile that's workable, I'm sure there's plenty of others on the forum who'd be interested in your findings. Myself included
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Be sure to keep us updated if you find something worthwhile that's workable, I'm sure there's plenty of others on the forum who'd be interested in your findings. Myself included
                      Right I've now got rid of the red herrings...

The audio player keeps a catalogue for each USB drive you have, and will add any new folders to the end of that catalogue in alphabetical order

Any time you add new music folders to the USB drive, firstly standardise the Create/Last modified date using http://date.bghot.com/ or similar), then simply toggle between having the entire collection under a parent directory, or at the root, this will trick the player into refreshing the entire catalogue.

What letter the alphabetical list starts at appears to be a product of the number of folders, mine is currently B -> Z then 1 ->A, there does not appear to be a cure for this, changing file dates, modifying the TOC etc...

Anyway I've got about 30 GB of mp3 in Album artist alphabetical order so happy days...

Now I can concentrate on enjoying the car....
                      Last edited by WAD62; 24-11-2014, 09:38. Reason: Clarity, I hope...

Comment

My wife just bought a DS3 THP from a friend who traded it in for a Smart to drive around in town - we are used to or streaming bluetooth or listening to lossless WMA's on a USB stick on my car's (a Japanese / French Hybrid ) surround. Using a dedicated ipod touch with spotify and other economist's audio editions over bluetooth. Am i correct in thinking that the DS3 will pair with the ipod using the bluetooth audio profile? Regardless of it having eMyway or Myway? Just to make myself directly unpopular: the quality of standard BT at 44khz and 16 bit is CD level, whilst MP3 is ..... not (you would need it to reach 320kbps at least to be at BT quality). I play lossless WMA in my car or high res spotify and you can hear the difference (reason why I converted my entire FLAC collection yet again to WMA after having converted it to MP3 with my old car. No more MP3 for me, even in the car....) What is the difference between eMyway and Myway? Is there a thread on this? Anyway, glad to be on the forum and found this thread very entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Guymar View Post
                          My wife just bought a DS3 THP from a friend who traded it in for a Smart to drive around in town - we are used to or streaming bluetooth or listening to lossless WMA's on a USB stick on my car's (a Japanese / French Hybrid ) surround. Using a dedicated ipod touch with spotify and other economist's audio editions over bluetooth. Am i correct in thinking that the DS3 will pair with the ipod using the bluetooth audio profile? Regardless of it having eMyway or Myway? Just to make myself directly unpopular: the quality of standard BT at 44khz and 16 bit is CD level, whilst MP3 is ..... not (you would need it to reach 320kbps at least to be at BT quality). I play lossless WMA in my car or high res spotify and you can hear the difference (reason why I converted my entire FLAC collection yet again to WMA after having converted it to MP3 with my old car. No more MP3 for me, even in the car....) What is the difference between eMyway and Myway? Is there a thread on this? Anyway, glad to be on the forum and found this thread very entertaining
                          Welcome to the club

You should be able to stream music via bluetooth, I use Spotify on my phone to listen to downloaded playlists occasionally.

eMyWay has a USB socket, MyWay (older model) doesn't.

The rest of your questions appear to be answered in the the thread already.
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Right I've now got rid of the red herrings...

The audio player keeps a catalogue for each USB drive you have, and will add any new folders to the end of that catalogue in alphabetical order

Any time you add new music folders to the USB drive, firstly standardise the Create/Last modified date using http://date.bghot.com/ or similar), then simply toggle between having the entire collection under a parent directory, or at the root, this will trick the player into refreshing the entire catalogue.

What letter the alphabetical list starts at appears to be a product of the number of folders, mine is currently B -> Z then 1 ->A, there does not appear to be a cure for this, changing file dates, modifying the TOC etc...

Anyway I've got about 30 GB of mp3 in Album artist alphabetical order so happy days...

Now I can concentrate on enjoying the car....
                            Dump everything off the USB (after adding new files), erase the drive and then put everything back on it. Normally does the trick.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                              Welcome to the club

You should be able to stream music via bluetooth, I use Spotify on my phone to listen to downloaded playlists occasionally.

eMyWay has a USB socket, MyWay (older model) doesn't.

The rest of your questions appear to be answered in the the thread already.
                              Thanks for that info. Do you have any idea when eMyWay was introduced? The car is a late 2010 ... should check that ...Hope the DS3 will prove to be a good ride - it already has the new Mahle pistons (just fitted by Citroën) but I wonder if I should get straight out to have the head walnut blasted .... but that comment belongs in another thread

Comment

eMyWay was introduced on Model year 17.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....2-Spec-updates
                                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                                Bigfeet's File Repository
                                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                                X