Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod classic and myway

Hi

I am about to order my DS3 and I have a quick question about the myway option.

From what i have read on the forums here it seems pretty good however, I have an iphone 3g. i was wondering what functions the myway supports? can it just make and recieve calls or does it hold an address book too? (my pioneer stereo makes and receives but cold never download the address book from the iphone)

Also i understad i will get the USB input on the ds3 - will thsi allow me to hook up my ipod (classic - not touch) and control the ipod through the steering?

thanks for any help.

It looks like the normal stereo pack would be better but i understand this does not do hands free phoning?

I just read more posts on this forum and i want to be clear before I make my order so it would be great to know..

Whats the best configuration to get my iphone hands free (not bothered about streaming music )

and play my ipod classic through usb?

is this possible??? if it means getting rid of the satnav option i would rather sacrifice that...If im going to be lost i might as well have a phone and nice music to listen to.

Comment

With regards to using the car to make calls bluetooth works fine for this. You can scroll through the address book, make and receive calls and call recently dialled/received number all through the steering wheel

To my knowledge if you're going with the myway system you will lose the USB port and have it replaced with a standard 12v socket.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hi Joe,

My Nokia 900n can send and receive calls through the myway system no problem and the quality is excellent. I am unable however to download the address book which I believe is a problem with the phone and not the cars system. Some of the other guys and gals on here have iPhones and not heard much in the way of problems with them (unless you discount the problem of where to locate the iPod holder ) Unfortunately, you do lose the usb port and as yet I have been unable to get either of my iPods classic or nano to work using the aux cable.

Comment

Yeah You'll Lose The USB Port Mate Like The Others Have Said...

Originally posted by CooperKiller View Post
          as yet I have been unable to get either of my iPods classic or nano to work using the aux cable.
          Why Coops ???

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
            Yeah You'll Lose The USB Port Mate Like The Others Have Said...

Why Coops ???
            I've not had a problem with this.. Aux works fine. Check the cable is going all the way in as those bastards at apple intentionally made it difficult with some of the iPods to use AUX cables.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

so if I DONT go for the myway system can i still make calls/recieve and address book scroll with the standard stereo or would I need to get the parrot system? (does this integrate well by the way)

i dont really want to use my ipod with aux so if I want the USB option I cant have the satnav?

to be honest I dont really NEED satnav as I have a tom tom but really DO need hands free phoning and an ipod function..

am I dreaming?

Comment

If you have the Satnav you DONT have a USB port.

I'm not sure about bluetooth functionality without the MyWay system I'm afraid, someone else will need to fill you in on that
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Okay to clear this up!!

If you want the make hands free calls then you need the Connecting Box option which includes Bluetooth, Hi-Fi upgrade and USB socket. If you add the MyWay Sat Nav you still need the Connecting box option but you will lose the USB socket. Remember that the Connecting Box is standard on the DSport.

Make sense??
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

ok - i understand..

think im going to lose the satnav then.. dont really need it.

but will add the connecting box.

So the standard HIFI does address book display?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                      So the standard HIFI does address book display?
                      The HiFi As In Regards To The Connection Sig Package Does Yes =)

Comment

ok so i ordered my ds3 today! SO PLEASED.

Comment

with the connect pack.

Does anyone know WHICH type of stereo will be in it. the standard one? or the slightly funkyer looking one. i cant seem to be able to find out...

Comment

Working...
                          X